Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That lasted all of 10 minutes. Arrived from Amazon. Scanned the car once last night. Cleared a small pile of non essential old codes.

Decided to rescan this morning. Unit promptly bricked itself. Little "zort zort" sound, screen went white, then black. Dead.

Meh.

·
'17 X1 - Rooster Cruisin'
1,086 Posts
Thank goodness for Amazon's 30-day return policy. Gonna do an exchange or switch to another brand?

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
5,813 Posts
I bought the Schwaben version during an ECS sale, used it dozens of times. The only issue I've seen before was someone not able to download an update.

sent from the future using the bimmerfest app embedded in my neural implant

·
Kostspieliger Spaß Quandt
879 Posts
Vagcom (or VCDS) as Ross-Tech call it now will not work on BMW cars. The software is entirely different and VAG specific. I've read that you can modify Ross-Tech's Hex Dual-K+CAN VAG cable and driver settings to use the Vagcom cable with Ediabas but really why bother as the correct EDIABAS/INPA cable is $25 or less.

Send back the Foxwell NT510. I have one - sits on a shelf. Get a full refund. Buy yourself an INPA compatible K+DCAN cable on eBay or amazon.ca and download the software here:

One Click INPA and U/G to ISTA

You'll have the same level diagnostics as the dealer.

Link to a suitable cable on Amazon Canada

Edit: If you're insistent on keeping the Foxwell 510 - send yours back - I'll sell you mine for half price plus it has $tons of sw - used once - comes with Audi, VW, Porsche,Skoda, BMW, Aston Martin and Chrysler modules.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts