BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Muwahahah.

Some yahoo in a Chevy Pickup is dawdling in the slow lane so I punch it from 75 to warp speed to get around him to make my exit. As I'm merging onto the exit ramp I see an Acura behind me coming on stong. Didn't know he's trying to race me on an exit ramp but I braked a little late figuring he may run into me. I'm pretty hot entering the corner but a little blip on the accelerator and the rear end gets in line. As I exit the center of the corner I glance in the rearview mirror and the Acura almost buys it offroad. He's on the brakes and I assume understeering like a mofo. He's way back now.

I come up on a 740iL infont of me and as the 740 and I both merge off the ramp I'm admiring the 740iL. Glance in the rearview mirror and I see the Acura coming on strong again. I'm still not thinking there's any thing going on but as he blows by me I see this :flipoff: . I also notice the TLs badge. Yep, he showed me how much better his car is. :lmao:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Yeah some guy in a Lexus SC430 did the same to me tonight on the way home. He had more ponies, but I totally out handled him, leaving him stuck in traffic. Man he was pissed - once he got clear, he roared up right behind me. A few zips, a ditched him again. He later manages to catch up. The the road opened up - both lanes and no traffic, and he tries to outgun me. He closed the gap at first, but couldn't quite do it and as he faded away behind me, he suddenly gave up. Later...bye-bye.....

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Wheee, kill stories :)

I was almost killed today by a 80's something Honda. I'm sitting at a light, looking to the left at the traffic light, timing the green. Green lights up, I drive off, not gunning it or anything. Next thing I know there a loud buzz in the right window, then a tire squeaking... I glance right and see a guy desperately trying to overtake me...:dunno: Okie...shift into second and punch it.
Cya. :tsk:

Earlier this week I was in Toronto, doing some "courier" work, buzzing from Downtown to Scarborough to Etobicoke to North York and back all day long :banghead:
I'm pretty pissed of at the traffic and all, so I try my best to keep my speed at 60 k's, not slowing down for any turns of any slow going driving :)

Later that day a guy in a GS400 (or GS430, dunno). Comes on strong, sits on my tail and follows my moves. Okie, whatever. Couple of blocks down, we get onto the onramp to DVP. I gun it, the guy backs off :) I hear some tire screaching, not mine.
On the highway he passes by me, speeding way to much. Whatever...hehe :D

Earlier that day I had some fun with an E36 M3 4-door, skipping some traffic on DVP. Fun :) Thumbs up each way!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I had a run in with a newer Z3 coupe the other night on the way home from work. It was pouring rain, and we were on an off-camber twisty. By the end of the road, I bet this guy was cursing me and my all wheel drive. I know I saw his rear end wiggle a few times in my rear view mirror, and each time I think he lifted, which can make a bad situation worse on off camber turns.

You guys can pick on the xi's all you want for having .7 higher ride, but, when the rain is falling, there is know where I'd rather be..

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
DougDogs said:
You guys can pick on the xi's all you want for having .7 higher ride, but, when the rain is falling, there is know where I'd rather be..
In the snow, maybe. In the rain? With the lack of torque (especially in the 2.5l) and tires with tread left in them the benefit of BMW's AWD is dubious at best.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I might be scared of those new 6spd CL's. The latest car rag got 5.9 0-60!! :yikes:

Of course, for some ungodly reason the 330ci they tested in the same article, got a 5.8!! :eek:

Now how the hell did they do that?? :dunno:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah some guy in a Lexus SC430 did the same to me tonight on the way home. He had more ponies, but I totally out handled him, leaving him stuck in traffic. Man he was pissed - once he got clear, he roared up right behind me. A few zips, a ditched him again. He later manages to catch up. The the road opened up - both lanes and no traffic, and he tries to outgun me. He closed the gap at first, but couldn't quite do it and as he faded away behind me, he suddenly gave up. Later...bye-bye.....
Sure Bud, I also have a 325Ci 5M and I know not to mess with a 300 HP SC430. He faded away because he got off the highway.:tsk:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
TD330ci said:
I might be scared of those new 6spd CL's. The latest car rag got 5.9 0-60!! :yikes:

Of course, for some ungodly reason the 330ci they tested in the same article, got a 5.8!! :eek:

Now how the hell did they do that?? :dunno:
Probably redlined the engine - then dropped the clutch....

·
Registered
678 Posts
geomax said:

Probably redlined the engine - then dropped the clutch....
That would generate a whole fsckton of wheel spin. Not exactly the best way to get good 0-60 times.

·
Registered
57 Posts
rost12 said:
Wheee, kill stories :)

I was almost killed today by a 80's something Honda. I'm sitting at a light, looking to the left at the traffic light, timing the green. Green lights up, I drive off, not gunning it or anything. Next thing I know there a loud buzz in the right window, then a tire squeaking... I glance right and see a guy desperately trying to overtake me...:dunno: Okie...shift into second and punch it.
Cya. :tsk:

Earlier this week I was in Toronto, doing some "courier" work, buzzing from Downtown to Scarborough to Etobicoke to North York and back all day long :banghead:
I'm pretty pissed of at the traffic and all, so I try my best to keep my speed at 60 k's, not slowing down for any turns of any slow going driving :)

Later that day a guy in a GS400 (or GS430, dunno). Comes on strong, sits on my tail and follows my moves. Okie, whatever. Couple of blocks down, we get onto the onramp to DVP. I gun it, the guy backs off :) I hear some tire screaching, not mine.
On the highway he passes by me, speeding way to much. Whatever...hehe :D

Earlier that day I had some fun with an E36 M3 4-door, skipping some traffic on DVP. Fun :) Thumbs up each way!
You pulled away from a GS400/430??

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
On the RAMP, yes :)
Once we got on the highway, he flew by me at warp speed.

I can outrun my father's A6 4.2 Quattro on ramps too. Those cars are just too heavy :)

Munk - yeah, kewl :D Ain't it? :)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
CaliChris said:

Like Rost said, it's the weight, and also the gearing. My father's E430 weighs 3800 lbs (light for a Benz), and the engine loafs along at about 2700rpm at 80mph. Stomp on the gas, and it takes just a bit to take off. My BMW revs higher, and has a very responsive engine, so initially, I'd get the jump. But once the E gets rolling....that big V8 just rocks.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CaliChris said:

All we are saying is that HP ain't important other than in a straight line. :angel:

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
"All we are saying is that HP ain't important other than in a straight line."

Well, I wouldn't go THAT far :)
I like my 184 horsies, every one of them :)

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rost12 said:
"Well, I wouldn't go THAT far :)
I like my 184 horsies, every one of them :)
Oh, I'm not sayin my 225+ ponies hurt. :bigpimp:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I had to have some fun last night when a Saturn (not even a tricked out one with a loud exhaust or anything) jumped on my tail on a winding back road with a 35 mph speed limit.

Knowing the road quite well, and knowing no house or people were in sight, I punched it to ~ 65 tearing through a series of turns.

The Saturn fell way, way, way back. Pulled to the stop sign and the Saturn eventually made it's way and pulled beside me. All faces on the teen were glued to the side of my BMW. I think they thought I'd send them the bird but i just waived and smiled.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts