BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It figures...

We had the 04 in the dealer just over a month ago to change the left headlight as it went out. I asked him if he could change the right side as I'm sure it's next to go. He responded that it's against BMW policy to create warranty work (of which I'm sure it is).

But would you believe it, the 04 now has 50,420 on her and the right headlight went out yesterday. A freakin 420 miles over warranty. :mad:

·
HMFIC
439 Posts
Try to get the dealer to Goodwill warranty it. That close out of warranty and it was previously discussed, they should be able to do that for you.

·
lurking
18,069 Posts
i've gone in for just one bulb in the rear cluster and they've replaced all the rear lights. :dunno: they said if one goes, the others will soon follow and it would save me a trip, time and money.:thumbup:

·
Long LIVE ZFHP22!
306 Posts
Try the goodwill approach. If they wont fix it, well do it yourself. It isn't that hard to change.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
+1, the Goodwill approach will probably work, and if it doesn't then you know where not to get your X3 serviced in the future.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an update.

Headlight changed today for goodwill plus they washed and vaccumed which I was surprised, since it was only a headlight.

:thumbup: For BMW of Freehold

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts