BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to bring my tools so if anyone needs anything done (like speaker install), i can help out as well as others. No, i don't think we can do thrust arm bushings though i'm buying a portable bushing removal kit.
I need to install my smoked Celis so if anyone would like to give me a hand with that, i'd appreciate it since it requires some drillin'.

and for food... what's the word on that? burgers... drinks... dogs (no.. not woofie, this isn't china! :D)...

just wanted to get a running track of what might go on at the meet then just staring at old people doing laps around the park.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
chivas said:
I'm going to bring my tools so if anyone needs anything done (like speaker install), i can help out as well as others. No, i don't think we can do thrust arm bushings though i'm buying a portable bushing removal kit.
I need to install my smoked Celis so if anyone would like to give me a hand with that, i'd appreciate it since it requires some drillin'.

and for food... what's the word on that? burgers... drinks... dogs (no.. not woofie, this isn't china! :D)...

just wanted to get a running track of what might go on at the meet then just staring at old people doing laps around the park.
our cars, shuang!

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
razzy530 said:
our cars, shuang!
that's it?? no fam or food or drinks or tools (besides you.. :p)?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
hey, im definately up for doing the thrust arm bushings. just tell me the time and place, and ill be there!:) :thumbup:

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
razzy530 said:
hey, im definately up for doing the thrust arm bushings. just tell me the time and place, and ill be there!:) :thumbup:
OK.. i'm going to get the tool to do it without a press, you know, the old school bar and cap way. i don't think we can be doing thrust arms at the park but on someone's driveway, we can so i think we can do that another day. this weekend would be TOO hot to do that... hell, i might not even do my Hellas, depending how hot it gets.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
chivas said:
OK.. i'm going to get the tool to do it without a press, you know, the old school bar and cap way. i don't think we can be doing thrust arms at the park but on someone's driveway, we can so i think we can do that another day. this weekend would be TOO hot to do that... hell, i might not even do my Hellas, depending how hot it gets.
Dan--- Should i get the poly urethane bushings which are like $50 each from BAVAUTO or get the stock ones for $49/pair?? I dont want a harsh ride if the poly's will do that. At the same time, i dont wanna replace the stocks every 30k either.
Are the poly urethane bushings really that harsh on the quality of the ride/stiffness of the front end, or just barely noticable?

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Errr, isn't one thread enough on this subject??

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Ågent99 said:
Errr, isn't one thread enough on this subject??
i agree but with this subject it seems its never enough :dunno:

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
razzy530 said:
Dan--- Should i get the poly urethane bushings which are like $50 each from BAVAUTO or get the stock ones for $49/pair?? I dont want a harsh ride if the poly's will do that. At the same time, i dont wanna replace the stocks every 30k either.
Are the poly urethane bushings really that harsh on the quality of the ride/stiffness of the front end, or just barely noticable?
i dont know abotu getting PU bsuhings... some have said it cracks too easy under stress.

i'm going with the X5 for my 540. the suspension is going to be different then yours i think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts