BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Burnin Oil
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so the '13 Soft Close was working fine on all doors and then all of a sudden the drivers door no longer functions. There is no sound from the motor trying to close the door at all. I checked the fuses and all 4 are operational. I am not aware of a setting in Idrive or anywhere else that would disable the function but that is almost what it seems like accidentally was done.

I have poked around the other series forums and others have mentioned the motor trying to grab but doesn't, also a misalignment of the latch etc but those solutions start from at least a noise coming from the motor.

Hoping I don't have to replace the entire $450 motor assembly and there is something I am missing.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=ZW03-USA-05-2013-E70N-BMW-X5_35dX&diagId=51_7760

Diagram above.......any thoughts ?

·
Burnin Oil
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have checked ebay. Haven't seen any those price yet. Replacement didn't look very hard from what I have seen.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread - my 2012 decided to stop soft-close latching the drivers door - any suggestions? The motor still works as I can hear it but it fails to latch entirely....it will latch if you apply some pressure as it cycles the mechanism....

N63 E70 X5 2012

1 - 4 of 4 Posts