Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked into this to fit on the e60? Is it even a possible option?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Go Dawgs!
1,062 Posts
This is interesting. Where'd you find that PDF?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This is interesting. Where'd you find that PDF?
I googled around and stumbled upon it. I was watching a detailed review of a 2014 F10 550i and really liked all the options it had (M-Sport, Cold Weather and Executive Package) including soft closing doors. This is why I'm doing the research.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This retrofit may be a bit costly, running up to $1000 for all 4 doors but supposedly very simple install and no coding required. Could be done 1 by 1 over time if someone has limited funds.

·
Under the lift arms
12,939 Posts
seems like a waste of money to me...

1000$ worth of race car parts is what i see..

*when i have a few grand laying around to blow

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
seems like a waste of money to me...

1000$ worth of race car parts is what i see..

*when i have a few grand laying around to blow
Frankly, I don't see any upgrades as a good way to blow on a 12 year old 5er. I wanted to go the performance upgrade route but came to my senses and figured that if I wanted to have a rocket on rails I'd rather go the M3 route. Otherwise, upgrade this one for comfort. Let's face it, it's a 4 door sedan that weighs nearly 4,000 lbs with an engine that has no tuning options for any reasonable money. Headers, intake and a tune is the only thing that can be done to the N62 and I'm not sure how long this engine will last when driven to extreme all the time. Plus, I live in a police state that takes away driving privileges, seizes vehicles and serves fines reaching $10,000 for driving just 35 miles above the speed limit. Hmmm, build a race car and take the risk? No thanks. So, no performance upgrades for me. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of getting rid of this monster because it entices me all the time to push that throttle. Ok, rant over.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I believe a compressor kit does exist if you want to go crazy but in my eyes that means a rebuild of the engine first and so far off my skill and gear that this will a wet dream only unless I should win the powerball - and if I did would I then spend the time energy and money when I could get what ever I wanted?
But I would still keep it...

·
Registered
377 Posts
yea, after getting mine, I have decided to set mine up for street performance. I like whipping all the Camaros and Mustangs around here. Not to mention the rice burners with loud exhausts. If I get the speed bug, I will shoot for an M5 or Audi R7.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
This retrofit may be a bit costly, running up to $1000 for all 4 doors but supposedly very simple install and no coding required. Could be done 1 by 1 over time if someone has limited funds.
Ikea sells soft close damper attachments for their kitchen cabinets. Maybe you can try those first with out investing a lot.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts