BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my car back from dealer-they replaced the fuel pump due to a recall. As part of the replacement they updated the software....I have always been aggravated by not being able to sort the names in my phone book by "first name, last name".. lo & behold I got an added bonus by the update-there is now an option to sort either by first name first, or last name first.......I am a happy man!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how do you change it? I hate the last name first!
I see you have a 2008.....I had one before the 2010 now, & don't recall whether you have the same buttons on the console...but anyway, after the software update I went into "phonebook" on the left side of the split screen and pressed the "option" button on the console....on the right side of the split screen it gave me the option to sort by "first or last name" first..........

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
You have that option on the hard drive based systems and not the the DVD based systems.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yes the updated software may added it, but that is exclusive to HD based systems and will not and is not available for DVD based systems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.