Bimmerfest BMW banner

181 - 200 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
2020 BMW 530e xDrive
527 Posts
Was just quoted $247.50 for 1.5 hours of programming for the update with no confirmation on what I would actually get on my 02/20 build M550iX upon completion.
MY2020 features has been discussed a fair bit here on the forum by those of us who've gotten the update. I would push back on them charging you for it. I was given the update as a "Customer Goodwill" BS from BMWNA, but there are a fair number of TSBs that are resolved by them installing the latest software and can be used to get it done under warranty.

For instance, tell them you're unable to disable the interior motion alarm via the key fob and to update you to the latest software as noted in the TSB which says the July Update fixes this issue.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Where is the indicator light referred to in, "Deactivation of the interior movement detector / tilt alarm sensor can be checked at the indicator light" to verify when it deactivates? i.e. on only two clicks ore more of the lock button? Thanks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Looks like that's not going to work for me. Upon pressing the lock button a second time, the light stays illuminated for a moment and then goes back to blinking. So I guess I do not have the fault assuming the light always blinks, i.e. does not go off upon deactivation.

·
Registered
2020 BMW 530e xDrive
527 Posts
Looks like that's not going to work for me. Upon pressing the lock button a second time, the light stays illuminated for a moment and then goes back to blinking. So I guess I do not have the fault assuming the light always blinks, i.e. does not go off upon deactivation.
The light should blink differently to let you know it deactivated the interior and tilt sensors. It will always blink when the alarm is on no matter what.

That all being said, I would be surprised if any dealer refused to update the car if you mentioned your car is doing this and showed them the TSB. BMW will pay for the update as a warranty item and I'm sure it is what the mechanic would call "Gravy" work where they are given warranty work on the car without a need to do a whole lot (meaning they can likely repair another car while periodically checking in on your update).

But dealers vary by where you are in the country so I guess things are different where you are.

·
Registered
2020 BMW 530e xDrive
527 Posts
Looks like BMW has finally updated the Connected Drive supported features guide to properly note what is included where. I guess they left this ambiguous last year to stab us MY2020 buyers, but ah well.

ServiceAvailabilityMatrix.pdf

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes, I don't see any other interpretation than we are supposed to have the new features as long as we have Connected Package Pro (6C4) & Live Cockpit Pro (6U3).

·
Registered
136 Posts
..so... I think that, for ours G30 (built this year), we will have available RSU from 2021... 🤞
Yes, I don't see any other interpretation than we are supposed to have the new features as long as we have Connected Package Pro (6C4) & Live Cockpit Pro (6U3).
No, actually it means that this feature is available for 2021 model only.

·
Registered
2020 BMW 530e xDrive
527 Posts
No, actually it means that this feature is available for 2021 model only.
Yep, basically BMW purposefully held this information back in MY2020 so we couldn't figure out what "Lite" meant for iDrive 7 in MY2020. They had the same feature and model year breakdown except they didn't add anything regarding iDrive 7 features or MY support and only left you to infer from the last table which suggests we should have full support.

I uploaded the old one just for comparisons sake.

Attachments

Reactions: Teush1980

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yep, basically BMW purposefully held this information back in MY2020 so we couldn't figure out what "Lite" meant for iDrive 7 in MY2020. They had the same feature and model year breakdown except they didn't add anything regarding iDrive 7 features or MY support and only left you to infer from the last table which suggests we should have full support.

I uploaded the old one just for comparisons sake.
Yes, when I downloaded the new one, I saw I had the same document in my Downloads and was surprised. Compared the two and realized that. I'm told that BMW is just starting the updates and is doing them in batches.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i was successfully able to get the idrive 7(2020 m550i) update at no cost when i dropped off car for oil change. I have a friend who works at the service center, he told me I got android auto, but no RSU, or digital key :(

·
Registered
177 Posts
i was successfully able to get the idrive 7(2020 m550i) update at no cost when i dropped off car for oil change. I have a friend who works at the service center, he told me I got android auto, but no RSU, or digital key :(
What SW version do you have now?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where can I find the software version installed in my G30 using E-Sys? Some of you can send a print-screen?
Who has the RSU find a version like 70.2019, 45.2020, etc...

·
Registered
2020 BMW 530e xDrive
527 Posts
Where can I find the software version installed in my G30 using E-Sys? Some of you can send a print-screen?
Who has the RSU find a version like 70.2019, 45.2020, etc...
If your G30 is LCI (MY2021 or later) you'll have RSU.
If your G30 is pre-LCI w/ iDrive 7 (MY2020) you'll get Android Auto, updated BMW maps, and a few other features with the July 2020 update. You will not get RSU.

Reactions: lindros2
181 - 200 of 205 Posts