Bimmerfest BMW banner

161 - 180 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
There's no Comfort+. It wasn't in my previous car either (which also had the dynamic handling package).
That is really interesting, I had it on my 2015 550i with the Dynamic Handling Package and it was included on my 2012 550i as part of the Dynamic Damper Control option.

Hard to understand how BMW does their packages. So sick of BMW leadership, love the car, hate the people who bring it to market.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the July Update installed, but I'm not sure how to check the I-Step directly. There are two July Update I-Steps, but I believe I have the latest of them.

I do have AA and CarPlay in HUD, but yes RSU isn't in settings.
@LogicalApex thank you for the info. I-Step version can by obtained by connecting to the car using E-Sys or ISTA.

So at this time as someone who has had the update, do you recommend upgrading to July update or staying put?

·
Registered
2020 BMW 530e xDrive
522 Posts
@LogicalApex thank you for the info. I-Step version can by obtained by connecting to the car using E-Sys or ISTA.

So at this time as someone who has had the update, do you recommend upgrading to July update or staying put?
It depends on what your needs are. I'm a software engineer so I prefer to upgrade frequently so that pushed me to upgrade sooner.

Having the update I've noticed minor improvements. For instance, I can activate Sport Mode and Massage Seats via Voice (not that I see them as useful additions as hitting the buttons is actually easier). There is also BMW Maps which looks identical so far (except the options on the left to enter things like GPS coordinates has been removed), but appear to give me "Danger" alerts during my drives now which I don't recall seeing before the update. These are actually pretty useful. I got one for instance coming into a traffic jam around a blind corner that was super accurate (shared below) and I got a few more during a drive through a nasty rain storm to alert me to the conditions as well as washed out roads and downed trees.

If you need Android Auto this update has it and it would be a major reason to upgrade. If you use Apple CarPlay a lot then it is still a nice upgrade as you get directions in the HUD and Instrument Cluster as well as better (not perfect though) handoffs between the car and CarPlay. For instance, BMW navigation will reduce the media playing via CarPlay for voice directions and then restore it similar to how it does for non-CarPlay media. Prior to the update it would pause this and it was a bit more jarring. I still encountered situations though where it will pause CarPlay and not resume it such as using BMW Personal Assistant instead of Siri.

I guess that was a long way of saying I'd get it at my next service visit unless you need AA. Good to have, but you don't need to run to the dealer for it yet.

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

This was the rain storm:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2VCR5Z3xbs

·
Registered
135 Posts
I hope to have time tomorrow afternoon to start drafting a letter to BMW. Several of the recent posts have some additional substance I wasn't aware of...thanks for sharing. The more documentation the better.
So what is the status? Will you guys try to get RSU?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I was waylaid by some major projects that put RSU on the back burner. I have started drafting a rather lengthy letter to BMW and will finish it over the next few days. There are some federal statutes that I need to track down and include in my letter but it is definitely a work in progress as is this website. I'm more pissed off than ever about the way BMW has treated 2020 G30 owners.

·
Registered
370 Posts
BMW wastes so much money making different systems so often. They should get like Tesla and just offer upgrades across the board for a fee. Like my car is a 2019 m550. The 2020 has like 60hp diff and I believe the gauges are different. It’s to the point where I realized that I started buying BMWs a year too early in 2006

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
2020 BMW M550i xDrive
90 Posts
So what is the status? Will you guys try to get RSU?
I have an open customer service case. I proposed they install the necessary hardware to enable RSU.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was waylaid by some major projects that put RSU on the back burner. I have started drafting a rather lengthy letter to BMW and will finish it over the next few days. There are some federal statutes that I need to track down and include in my letter but it is definitely a work in progress as is this website. I'm more pissed off than ever about the way BMW has treated 2020 G30 owners.
have you drafted your letter yet?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Stopped in my LD today asking SA about software update. Shop Foreman response was:

"The current I level of this car is S15A-19-11-550. There is a update available. We do not use the os Lite jargon in the BMW diagnosis and repair world, so I’m Not sure what the customer is looking for, but a lot of new features have been released with the latest upgrade. Of course BMW warranty does not pay for programming unless there is a fault and diagnosis that leads to a diag code to program, an Open Campaign (Recall), or an engineering case. This too would be the customers responsibility to pay for and any consequences if programming crashes and causes damage."

I was surprised that if I pay for an update and "if programming crashes and causes damage" in the process that I would be responsible for paying to correct the damage.

Anyway, I am asking my SA if he can find out what features I can get with an update and what the cost would be.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Stopped in my LD today asking SA about software update. Shop Foreman response was:

"The current I level of this car is S15A-19-11-550. There is a update available. We do not use the os Lite jargon in the BMW diagnosis and repair world, so I’m Not sure what the customer is looking for, but a lot of new features have been released with the latest upgrade. Of course BMW warranty does not pay for programming unless there is a fault and diagnosis that leads to a diag code to program, an Open Campaign (Recall), or an engineering case. This too would be the customers responsibility to pay for and any consequences if programming crashes and causes damage."

I was surprised that if I pay for an update and "if programming crashes and causes damage" in the process that I would be responsible for paying to correct the damage.

Anyway, I am asking my SA if he can find out what features I can get with an update and what the cost would be.
that is just plain crazy talk. That is like saying if I take my car to you for an oil change, and the mechanic strips the drain plug, I am the hook for a new oil pan plus labor.

I heard the update is not that great, unless you really need android.

·
Registered
2020 BMW 530e xDrive
522 Posts

There are a few software campaign that warrant the update for free.

I have the upgrade and the biggest changes are adding Android Auto and some improvements to CarPlay audio handoffs. Maps also gets some changes as well. But some controversy in those changes as they removed a lot of the settings on the left menu.

I wouldn’t call it a must have update right now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
There are a few software campaign that warrant the update for free.

I have the upgrade and the biggest changes are adding Android Auto and some improvements to CarPlay audio handoffs. Maps also gets some changes as well. But some controversy in those changes as they removed a lot of the settings on the left menu.

I wouldn’t call it a must have update right now.
Actually, after a few weeks, I find this update pretty good. Maps get much better RTTI info, and searching all addresses in one place makes sense. I recommend making the update, especially for those who have an Android phone. I did not pay for it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
If anyone knows the campaign or tech bulletin numbers to get it for free, please share. Thanks...

·
Registered
2021 BMW M550xi
67 Posts
Anyone successfully pair Android Auto wirelessly yet (2021 M550i w/ iDrive7)? I have an LG G8 with the latest OS. The phone pairs and works fine in all other ways, but when I try to pair AA it fails. I've checked the settings in AA and made sure BT was turned on to no avail. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If anyone knows the campaign or tech bulletin numbers to get it for free, please share. Thanks...
You can probably just say that the connectedrive support suggested to upgrade, or that the seller told you it would be available...

Anyone successfully pair Android Auto wirelessly yet (2021 M550i w/ iDrive7)? I have an LG G8 with the latest OS. The phone pairs and works fine in all other ways, but when I try to pair AA it fails. I've checked the settings in AA and made sure BT was turned on to no avail. Thanks for any suggestions.
Are you sure that your phone is supported by BMW? I only see Samsung/Pixel/Nexus listed on Google website.

·
Registered
2020 BMW 530e xDrive
522 Posts
To add to what Sylphide shared.

BMW only supports Wireless Android Auto (same as it does for CarPlay). So if your phone doesn't support Wireless Android Auto then it will not be supported in iDrive 7. I'd review Google and your phone manufacturers information to confirm support. Glancing at the Google support page it seems limited to Google and Samsung devices until Android 11.

161 - 180 of 204 Posts