BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to update the software for a newly acquired 528i. I've successfully downloaded the software to a USB stick, but can't download the pdf instructions. Does anyone have a copy?

Dan

·
Registered
2013 535xi
4,199 Posts
What software are you talking about?
What version number? Where did you download?
Details are important.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for not being more explicit. I've purchased this car comparatively recently, and the existing software doesn't recognize my iPhone X, so am hoping that the upgrade will enable me to connect the iPhone to the BMW system via bluetooth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for this, but news is not good, no iPhone is shown as being compatible. I'm still intending to download the upgrade software to see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
USB file for updating phone / communications

I'd like to update the software for a newly acquired 528i. I've successfully downloaded the software to a USB stick, but can't download the pdf instructions. Does anyone have a copy?

Dan
https://www.bmwusa.com/owners-manuals.html

Search for specific instructions in this on-line manual. Starting in the iDrive menu for your BMW once you've gotten to the correct place, plug the USB stick into the USB port in your car - sorry but it's been a while since I had my F10 BMW and I've already forgotten when menu step / location. IF you've downloaded the correct update AND if your BMW requires an update the whole process takes less than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll take your advice, but am concerned that my iPhone is not recognized with the current software.

Dan

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
iPhone issues

I'll take your advice, but am concerned that my iPhone is not recognized with the current software.
Dan
I'm not an iPhone user and can't comment; however I know many forum posters using various year BMW models and old, current, and most recent iPhones are able to connect and use their devices -- even when running BMW Communication versions that are several rev's out of date.

Is it possible that your iPhone is the issue and not your BMW??

That said, again I don't use iPhones or iPads or iAnything so maybe a "iFan will help you out.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have an iPhone 8+ that connects to my 5287i w/o issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts