BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Bimmerfest. Can someone please help me. I bought my 530D M Sport in January 2016, the car was manufactured in December 2015. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone which only connects to the phone address book to make calls. It will not receive texts or e-mails unless sent by BMW Service. My previous car was a 435D MSport Xdrive 2014 model and every function of the same mobile phone worked without issue. I have tried a software update from BMW website but the car won't recognise the data on the USB stick. What is the problem? Does anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not sure how your phone settings are but I have the IPhone 6 and I tried all the settings that were suggested on this board and nothing worked. It was not until I set my phone to "show on locked screen" under my notification settings for text messages on the phone and it now sends text and email. I think if the phone is locked and screen off you must be able to tell it to show text on screen if it's off or locked. Worked for me good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. My phone is an S6 Samsung. There are similar settings to the ones you mentioned on the IPhone but it isn't making anything work though. Thanks anyway.

·
Super Moderator
7,068 Posts
Does not necessarily need to be coded.
My S4 and S6 worked. I just had to hit allow to give permission to view Calendar, Messages, Phonebook, etc...all being separate approvals.

RE website update: make sure it is flash drive is formatted correctly and there are no hidden directories.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts