BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
---------
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to take my car for oil change and software update. The production date of my E90 was the end of June 2005 so the software is quite outdated. I've heard that after the update it's possible to set up a lot of features through the radio panel.

So, I made an appointment to bring my car at 8AM and leave the car until late afternoon. Since I don't know how long it takes for the update, is there any chance they will not be able to make it on time? Should I rather bring the car in the afternoon and leave overnight?

·
Whoa this car is fun
80 Posts
I'd just ask them. They should be able to tell you given their workload. Will be curious to learn what updates or features you find after you get the new software.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I didn't notice anything major after my update a week ago. It took them 2 full days to do mine.

I loved my Burgandy 2003 Ford Taurus rental. LOL...it was soooooo nice to get my car back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Software updates can be a pain in the @$$. Mine took 3 days for them to get it right. And that was on the second visit for the same problem. The connection between the car and their upload computer is very slow and prone to errors / timeouts.

Don't bring it in in the afternoon - then you will be stuck in line behind all the morning services - and it may mean that nothing happens on the day you bring it in, slowing you up at least the overnight period. Bring it in in the morning and they might have it done for you by COB that day.

I wish you luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.