BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

I just updated my software according to the USB instructions. 2018 M3

Could someone tell me (or show me with a picture) what their updated iDrive software version looks like when displayed under My Vehicle?

I wasn't exactly expecting my to look like it does. What is displayed isn't the version I was expecting to see.

Thanks for the group's collective wisdom,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think it would be very helpful if you would post a picture of yours.
IMG_2233.jpg

In this picture, the "Media" is greyed out and is not "clickable" (selectable). Both the "Telephone" and "HMI" options are listed in white and I can click these which basically lists "iPhones" for the Telephone, and then the version number when I click on "HMI".

Prior to updating, I only had two of these, and neither were greyed out. Unfortunately, did not take a picture of the pre-update screen. Can someone show me what theirs looks like before and after updating?

Stopped by my local BMW experts and they really didn't really know if its updated fully/completely.

Thanks again,

PS: My VIN is cut off the top of the picture

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Version to be always updated is HMI - the Tel and Media will be updated depending on hardware version in your car.

Other cars software versions would be meaningless to you unless you know their hardware version. For example, my 2017 M3 has the same HMI version as your 2018 M3, however my Tel and Media will not update above version 005.XXX.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sure, that makes sense.

Why is Media greyed out and not clickable? Is that what other's see? Or was there a problem updating that portion of the software.

Thanks,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts