Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my first service is due at 18,000 in a couple of weeks, 520d m sport.

I have acc and various extras, from past experience the dealer won't update any system unless I have an issue.

Should I be asking for specific updates to various modules?

ta

Hash

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Checking for S/W Status & available updates

Hi all, my first service is due at 18,000 in a couple of weeks, 520d m sport.

I have acc and various extras, from past experience the dealer won't update any system unless I have an issue.

Should I be asking for specific updates to various modules?

ta

Hash
If BMW has determined that routine s/w updates are necessary for your specific car they may be performed by your BMW dealer. At my dealer in the USA (with a long long relationship buying and servicing my BMWS) I often ask if any s/w updates are made available &/or the service center may tell me &/or I'll ask about the function of a specific feature or option etc etc etc.

IHMO the 'ol recommendation might apply - IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but as a software engineer always prefer the latest, I am not sure we ever know if things are broken.

Will see what they say

thanks

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I just had my 530e in the shop for its one year maintenance and they did a software update. Lost all my coding. Will have it recoded next week.

·
silberma1
197 Posts
Today the car tried to do a navigation update on its own, but I had to select to do it later because I was shutting down the car. I did not realize BMW had that capability. Is it does by Wi-Fi, wireless or satellite? Does anyone know for how long is this service offered?

·
Premium Member
40,026 Posts
Today the car tried to do a navigation update on its own, but I had to select to do it later because I was shutting down the car. I did not realize BMW had that capability. Is it does by Wi-Fi, wireless or satellite? Does anyone know for how long is this service offered?
Since the Introduction of NBT2 EVO Head Unit in 2016, cars with an active Map Update Subscription (typically Free for the first 3 years) will receive Regional (not Full) Map Updates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts