BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
B-Rad
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the only downside is that it's almost to small. But I would rather have a small mirror than a large mirror that gets in the way all the time.
I took off the mirror. Then took the three screws out of the old mirror and took off the 1/8" piece and screwed it into a custom made adapter that the Elise mirror slides right into and is secured with allen screws. The mirror is a replacement mirror for the Elise which has the same problem we do, a HUGE mirrror that is in the way. The mirror is oval, and 4" wide. Made from Aluminum, and then black anodized. $115
http://www.hangar111.com/ckshop.php?item=354&ret=http%3A%2F%2F<a%20href=

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ohio machinist -- and Z3 enthusiast -- Gary Hansen has been making an adaptor for some time.

http://www.z3mirrors.com/

Neil

·
Registered
75 Posts
10 units "in the works"!

B-Rad was kind enough to send me the prints for the Lotus "Micro Mirror" adapter. I rolled the dice and contracted with a local machine shop to produce 10 units. These will be available in @ 2 to 4 weeks. My cost is $41.00/adapter and I can ship USPS Priority for $5.00 (to the lower 48 states.). So, the first 9 folks that get on board will get in on a very cool deal at cost. This adapter will be exactly like the one shown above, but will have a small "BNA" engraved on the side as a thanks to the designer.

·
Registered
288 Posts
zimpwh said:
B-Rad was kind enough to send me the prints for the Lotus "Micro Mirror" adapter. I rolled the dice and contracted with a local machine shop to produce 10 units. These will be available in @ 2 to 4 weeks. My cost is $41.00/adapter and I can ship USPS Priority for $5.00 (to the lower 48 states.). So, the first 9 folks that get on board will get in on a very cool deal at cost. This adapter will be exactly like the one shown above, but will have a small "BNA" engraved on the side as a thanks to the designer.
What about shipping to the 50th State?
I'd take one of those, as I replaced my OEM mirror twice already....under warranty. A new one is close to $500!:yikes:

·
Marine Fish Wrangler
198 Posts
If anyone wants to get rid of their oem s54 chrome rimmed mirror, then I will be happy to relieve you of it in exchange for some $.
:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Eagle has landed!

The adapters are ready. I'm shipping to Thrlls, Zoran, Purv944, rjcoston & Doc today...waiting on a few to send the $$$. I will have one more available along with the appropriate Lotus mirror later in the week. Last call on the last one available( with mirror.) Check the pic below...the machinist did a great job...the photographer s_cks though...(me.) The letters "BNA" did not get engraved though...a tribute to the designer, B-Rad. My machinist could not machine the letters in smooth flow and they would have cheapened the look. They would have come out looking "dot matrix." Anyone interested in the last on the planet.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
zimpwh said:
The adapters are ready. I'm shipping to Thrlls, Zoran, Purv944, rjcoston & Doc today...waiting on a few to send the $$$. I will have one more available along with the appropriate Lotus mirror later in the week. Last call on the last one available( with mirror.) Check the pic below...the machinist did a great job...the photographer s_cks though...(me.) The letters "BNA" did not get engraved though...a tribute to the designer, B-Rad. My machinist could not machine the letters in smooth flow and they would have cheapened the look. They would have come out looking "dot matrix." Anyone interested in the last on the planet.
Mahalo Bob!

Question, are you selling a mirror also? I noticed you are offering the last one with a mirror. If so, I'll take the mirror, just let me know how much more I owe you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.