BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was unable to get enough help on the 5 forums im on so this thursday im gonna take it to my local shop to see if they will erase the srs data and clear the codes since i was unable to figure it out with INPA, ISTA or the other standard tools.

If anyone is wondering No the airbag does not instantly deploy if you replace it and re connect the battery and turn the car on

· Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so i some how fixed it 100 percent. so:

originally i had no key fob responses when pushing buttons but it WOULD turn on car

i changed out the rear view mirror i had in my other e88 (parts car) and i had lock and unlock

i changed out clock spring, srs module, roll over module, fuel pump module, seat belt buckle, and the end piece of the battery safety terminal (black and yellow twisted wire that connects into the main positive red plastic)

ran ISTA+ and cleared codes and ran tests/ calculate plans and one of the calc plans was to calibrate the clock spring by starting at 0 and then going side to side and then telling ista+ that everything was good.

after all that sh*t i some how now have all green boxes for my modules on ista, the trunk button under the steering wheel working, AND trunk from keyfob working perfectly.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM, 1ADDICTS, BIMMERFEST, BIMMERFORUM, BIMMERPOST AND THE MISC "AUTO REPAIR" WEBSITES THAT HAD BMW SUB PAGES!!!

This POS car is almost ready for Turo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.