BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First up..check this out. :D What on earth is this?? Ahh...BMW 530dA touring edition exclusive.

Secondly, well, I have got some preliminary news about the ACS supercharger. It will be offered through the BMW GB dealer network later this year. Priced at about US$7500. Will be introduced to M54 3.0L engines for now. And later to X5 and E39. Power increase for 3.0L? Well, only 231bhp to 295bhp (limited by rev). Not very impressive if you asked me. But then, ACS is covered by BMW. That is an assurance I am willing to fork out for over ESS or BlahBleh superchargers.

:)

Nope, I won't be supercharging my car. And yes, I am saving for the next track school. :cry:

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the fascination with superchargers. Seems like they create underhood heat problems not to mention noise. I hate that whine.

Then there's the money. $7500 on top of a 330 puts you very close to M3 price territory when the M3 has more power and less underhood issues.

The only way I could see doing this over an M3 would be if you required a sedan over a coupe.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
Zaphod said:
I'm not sure I understand the fascination with superchargers. Seems like they create underhood heat problems not to mention noise. I hate that whine.

Then there's the money. $7500 on top of a 330 puts you very close to M3 price territory when the M3 has more power and less underhood issues.

The only way I could see doing this over an M3 would be if you required a sedan over a coupe.

Just my $.02
some superchargers put you well over an m3, but I still agree, its not worth it. If your going to buy the sc, which comes to 10 grand or so after install, just get the m3..

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not even sure why ACS suddenly ventures into the SC area. Firstly, they won't be cheap. And secondly, the numbers aren't impressive. Not sure how the response will be like. But only time will tell... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.