BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
330Cic Owner
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some effer broke into my car!!! Stole my cell, my bmw manual... argh!!!! The car was locked!! I dont know how this happened. Also I noticed my hood was opened. So I peered in. I'm not to hip on engines, but looking at it from the front, there seems to be a big gap toward the back left. I have a 330Ci convertible. Anyone know if there is supposed to be something back there?

Mike

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
oh man this sucks. I hate to hear this on the board. people need to bother Toyotas and leave the Bimmers alone. Well dude sorry to hear about your car. BUT the good news is the gap in the back left of your egine compartment is SUPPOSED to be there! Its actually where the battery goes in Europe because they are not as keen on the 50/50 weight distribution as the US is. Your battery in your car is in the right side floor of your trunk hence the gaping hole in the front. SOOOO some good news I guess. Let me know if they find the bastards!
:thumbdwn:
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hey Mike, you weren't parked anywhere near the Willowbrook mall, were you??? There have been a lot of break-ins to BMW's in that area lately.:thumbdwn:

Theives are looking for spare "valet" key in glovebox.

Unfortunatly, the lock on your car door (on all 3 series) is easy to "jimmie" open.

There was a post about a cover for the door handle keyhole. You might want to get one.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=978&highlight=lock+cylinder

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to hear that

Damn that sucks big time....I live in Clifton too and I havent even gotten my car yet. Looks like I will be ordering that car alarm after all. I hope they find the people who did that to your car. Looks like I will be parking my 325i in the garage once I get it. That's when it ever get here. Once again sorry to here about your car.

·
330Cic Owner
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DougDogs said:
Hey Mike, you weren't parked anywhere near the Willowbrook mall, were you??? There have been a lot of break-ins to BMW's in that area lately.:thumbdwn:

Theives are looking for spare "valet" key in glovebox.

Unfortunatly, the lock on your car door (on all 3 series) is easy to "jimmie" open.

There was a post about a cover for the door handle keyhole. You might want to get one.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=978&highlight=lock+cylinder
This was done on the Houlighans on 17.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts