Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had bought $1000.00 worth of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.
With Enron, you would have $16.50 of the original $1,000.00.
With WorldCom, you would have less than $5.00 left.
If you had bought $1,000.00 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the stock) one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the 10 cent deposit, you would have $214.00.

Is anyone else with me here?

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
ff said:
If you had bought $1000.00 worth of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00.
With Enron, you would have $16.50 of the original $1,000.00.
With WorldCom, you would have less than $5.00 left.
If you had bought $1,000.00 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the stock) one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the 10 cent deposit, you would have $214.00.

Is anyone else with me here?

:yikes: scary stats.......................nice girl though:D

T

·
0 Posts
I don't even know how much Bud $1000 would buy. Am I to assume from the "analysis" 2,140 cans? That's less than $0.50 a can ($0.467). Damn. Bottled water costs more than that. Then again, bottled water also tastes better. How can people drink that shit?

Someone brought by a 6-pack of Bud 3 years ago when we moved into our house. We used one to cook shrimp with a year or so ago. The other 5 are still in the fridge (WAY in the back).

·
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TD said:
I don't even know how much Bud $1000 would buy. Am I to assume from the "analysis" 2,140 cans? That's less than $0.50 a can ($0.467). Damn. Bottled water costs more than that. Then again, bottled water also tastes better. How can people drink that shit?

Someone brought by a 6-pack of Bud 3 years ago when we moved into our house. We used one to cook shrimp with a year or so ago. The other 5 are still in the fridge (WAY in the back).

and you call yourself a red-blooded American.... :p

:)

T

·
0 Posts
ff said:

and you call yourself a red-blooded American.... :p

:)
I get it. Drinking piss beer is as American as professed beliefs in god, baseball, apple pie and mom.

The funny thing is, of that list, I only like my mom. I'm bored stiff by baseball and I don't care much for sweets.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Would you want to drink $1,000 worth of Bud?? Surely you jest :rolleyes:

·
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TD said:

I get it. Drinking piss beer is as American as professed beliefs in god, baseball, apple pie and mom.

The funny thing is, of that list, I only like my mom. I'm bored stiff by baseball and I don't care much for sweets.

As much as I hate to admit being a fair-weather fan, I pretty much only pay attention to baseball if the Twins are doing well. And even then, it is pretty boring if you're not in the bottom of the 11th inning in game 6 of the world series with Kirby Puckett up to bat. :) When the dome is a rockin', don't bother knockin'. Those are some good memories.

Oh, and don't get me started on baseball domes.:thumbdwn:

·
Registered
525 Posts
ff said:

As much as I hate to admit being a fair-weather fan, I pretty much only pay attention to baseball if the Twins are doing well. And even then, it is pretty boring if you're not in the bottom of the 11th inning in game 6 of the world series with Kirby Puckett up to bat. :) When the dome is a rockin', don't bother knockin'. Those are some good memories.

Baseball is in a sad state right now. People only watch because they loved the game once. :tsk:

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
ff said:

I watch about 6 games, a day I love it.

·
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MOE said:

Baseball is in a sad state right now. People only watch because they loved the game once. :tsk:

I'd say the turning point was the day they went on strike a few years back. That really soured people on baseball.

The pending strike will probably do even worse. Figures, because our Twins are comfortably in first place right now.

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
I still watch sports, but rarely attend games..today's Athlete's...well, don't get me started....lets just say "you reap what you sow".

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
TD said:

Funny, the way I see it, my ideals are MUCH closer to the ideals our country was founded on than yours are.
:confused:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
TD said:

How is that comment ":confused: " worthy?
It's as worthy as yours IMO. I don't want to get into the Dred vs. TD issue, I just don't think your ideals are any closer than his to want our founding fathers had in mind.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

It's as worthy as yours IMO. I don't want to get into the Dred vs. TD issue, I just don't think your ideals are any closer than his to want our founding fathers had in mind.
:D Thanks for makin my day. I owe you one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts