BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally took the time to snap some pics of my car. I'd like to take more, but I just came back from a trip to Vegas, so the car is absolutely filthy (although I did have a chance to take it past 100mph for the first time :D).

The 110-degree weather also gave me my first case of "sticky accelerator pedal." Doh.

- Michael

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hehe, no Topaz Curse (yet), but the wheels are a real pain to keep clean! I wash the car, take it for a spin around the block to dry the brakes and already there's a layer of brake dust by the time I get back. :(

Ack, I picked up the car on June 22 from everyone's favorite dealer in Santa Barbara :). Cutter had the UGDO and the M3 wheel already installed, which was nice. I agree, the clears really make a big difference. My friend likes to chant, "I can see clearly now, the amber's gone..." :lmao:

I also considered Steel Gray, but after taking one look at Topaz in person, I was sold!

-Michael

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh yeah, it looks sweet. I got steel blue. It suites a conservative older guy like me, but the Topaz really pops. Quite a shine you got on that thing. What are you waxing with?

Love the wheels too. The 96's are really easy to clean, or just wipe down between washes.

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
ff said:
Wow, nice shine!! Must have used Mother's carnauba (Walmart, $5)?
Nah, all BMWs from Cutter is THAT shiney. ;)

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the comments, people. Interestingly enough, the car hadn't yet been waxed when I took those pictures. It was just freshly washed, though. :) Yup, kudos to Cutter for dressing it up real nice. :thumbup:

Jeff, I bought my clears from Maximillion Importing on the east coast. It was $399 for the entire set (fronts, sides and rears). I was part of a group buy from the E46Fanatics forum, so the price reflects a discount of about $25. I installed them myself, which took a good hour or two. Plan to spend 9/10ths of that time installing the rears.

- Michael

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Looks very good, and I definitely like the clears. :thumbup:

Tell me about filthy though -- I just went for a 5 day road trip with the dog. There's drool in places I didn't think drool could get. I'd better order some detailing brushes. Otherwise, a big thumbs up :thumbup: for 'ette.

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cliff3 said:
There's drool in places I didn't think drool could get.
Ya gotta love 'ette. :) Good luck with the cleaning, Cliff.

- Michael

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
Jeff, I bought my clears from Maximillion Importing on the east coast. It was $399 for the entire set (fronts, sides and rears). I was part of a group buy from the E46Fanatics forum, so the price reflects a discount of about $25. I installed them myself, which took a good hour or two. Plan to spend 9/10ths of that time installing the rears.

- Michael [/B][/QUOTE]

sort of a bummer but thanks

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Jeff,

The part numbers are as follows:

Front Kit - sides and front corners
Black Trim (325) - 63-13-0-141-567
Titanium Trim (330) - 63-13-0-141-572

Rear Kit - rear corner units (Sedan only)
63-21-0-141-573

Hope this helps!

- Michael

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good call Mystikal. I've updated my post to reflect this correction.

Michael

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.