BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think someone, walking between cars, must have hit my mirror and knocked it out of alignment. It doesn't click into place at the correct spot. I have to pull the mirror out of the clicked spot, so I can see correctly.

Anyone have this problem?

If not, then this is an FYI that it can happen, I'm now pushing that button that folds the mirror in, when I park.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Why don't you just let the thing snap in wherever it wants and then use the electronic controls to adjust the mirror itself? :dunno:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I believe Mercedes has a feature that folds the mirrors automatically when you shift to Park. I wish BMWs had that too.
Some do - the M's, 7's, etc... But to the point I think you're trying to make - it'd be nice if the ALL had that option!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Why don't you just let the thing snap in wherever it wants and then use the electronic controls to adjust the mirror itself? :dunno:
The mirror doesn't adjust enough.

Try adjusting your mirror all the way in, via the electronics, and see what you can see, when I do that, I can't see the side of my car. It is still drivable that way, but my blind spot is larger.

I'll see what the dealer can do when I take it in next.

I'm just giving everyone a heads up. Maybe these mirrors can get knocked out of wack real easy. Now that I do the fold in, it's second nature, so people might want to start doing that to avoid a potential problem.

Also, I think it happened at work, the way the parking lot is set up, walking between cars is the shortest way to the door. I've change where I park, so that will help.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Still under warranty? I had a similar problem with my mirror not setting into the proper spot - they covered under warranty while I waited for about a half an hour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts