Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone at the 'fest said to me "Only BMW people would do something like this, you don't see these types of gatherings from Porsche, Mercedes, and the like" I have to agree, I have been to may car events and they nevr get this kind of turnout.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,316 Posts
What was your favorite part??

Mine is always The BimmerFest Road Rally!!!

:)))

That M3 Convertible was awesomE!

Notice the sticker on the back!

I can't start thinking about a new car again, dammitt!!!

·
5,820 Posts
in_d_haus said:
Someone at the 'fest said to me "Only BMW people would do something like this, you don't see these types of gatherings from Porsche, Mercedes, and the like" I have to agree, I have been to may car events and they nevr get this kind of turnout.
Not true, I belong to a MB mailing list. There was just a gathering one hour south of me in Ill. that I couldn't attend. They constantly have regional gatherings throughout the year, just had one in D.C. Also, my father had a '64 Austin Healy and went to gatherings every year. Big turnouts. Here's a pic of him at the Breckenridge Co. rally. I've also been to English car gatherings with an MG I used to have.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice car! love MGs. I can only speak from my experience. The P-car events up here have, maybe, 25 people turnout. They are constantly approaching us (BMW) to help fill out spots to rent the track.

This was not a CCA event or even a regional type of event. I know there are big national and regional events that get great turnouts but a local event? Maybe down there in Cali this is the norm but Seattle, we get about 100 cars.

Also people in the BMW group seem much nicer and more approachable than other Marques, the P-car guy even snub each other... and we won't even talk about the 'vette guys.

As I mentioned, this is my experience...

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
Re: What was your favorite part??

Jon Shafer said:

I love the exhaust! This car looks beautiful! Wow!

Somebody has to give the guy a tip about badges. Less is more, IMO! All he's missing is a "Ron Jon's" license sticker on bumper.

Debadging it all (including the M3 badge), and removing the tacky plate surround would give it a very clean, classy look. C'mon... with an exhaust that impressive you don't need to be screaming it out.

What kind of exhaust is it???

- JP

·
5,820 Posts
in_d_haus said:
Nice car! love MGs. I can only speak from my experience. The P-car events up here have, maybe, 25 people turnout. They are constantly approaching us (BMW) to help fill out spots to rent the track.

This was not a CCA event or even a regional type of event. I know there are big national and regional events that get great turnouts but a local event? Maybe down there in Cali this is the norm but Seattle, we get about 100 cars.

Also people in the BMW group seem much nicer and more approachable than other Marques, the P-car guy even snub each other... and we won't even talk about the 'vette guys.

As I mentioned, this is my experience...
You are right about the MB turnouts I mentioned, much, much smaller. The Healy gatherings were CCA event, so you're right again. And Calif.? They live for cars. I think the BMW group is more enthusiastic and younger and the internet helps draw a crowd.

P.S. the pic is of my father in a 1964 Austin Healy BJ7, one of the best in the country at the time. Actually the car is for sale now by the person to whom he sold it. I think around $30k

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: What was your favorite part??

JPinTO said:
...and removing the tacky plate surround would give it a very clean, classy look.

- JP
Way to go JP, rank on the plate surround to the general manager of the dealership...:D :lmao:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Re: What was your favorite part??

Jon Shafer said:

:)))

That M3 Convertible was awesomE!

Notice the sticker on the back!
I can't start thinking about a new car again, dammitt!!!
Congrats Jon,

I hear the event was a huge success. :thumb:

Now email me some more pics of that car!!!!!!! :mad: :p

·
5,820 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What was your favorite part??

in_d_haus said:

Way to go JP, rank on the plate surround to the general manager of the dealership...:D :lmao:
Well, I agree. The only thing positive that can be said about the plate surround is that they are easily removed. At least Cutter doesn't sticker up the car...but I do prefer the clean, practically badgeless look. I've removed the "330ci" badge from the rear of my CIC.

·
Elected by grace
1,945 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: What was your favorite part??

johnlew said:

but I do prefer the clean, practically badgeless look. I've removed the "330ci" badge from the rear of my CIC.
Do you have a pic of this (badgeless rear look) Johnlew? I'm kicking around doing this myself.

·
3,300 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What was your favorite part??

in_d_haus said:

I just call 'em as I see 'em! :D

That chrome must be a west coat thang. But, I never, ever advertise for the dealer that I bought the car from. I forbid them to put any Stickers and plate frames come off day 1.

ACSchnitzer needs to go.
M3 needs to go.
Chrome plate surround needs to go.
Bimmerfest.com sticker (if it's not a Photoshop "enhancement") needs to go.

Even the lipspoiler can go.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do so! Go here for a pic:
Sticker thread

I like my surround, it goes well with the chrome trim on the car. It also has a plexiglas cover over the plate, keeps it clean.

I've always thought people who debadge cars are trying to hide something.

·
5,820 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What was your favorite part??

IndyMike said:

Do you have a pic of this (badgeless rear look) Johnlew? I'm kicking around doing this myself.
Best I can do so far let me know if you want better.

·
3,300 Posts
in_d_haus said:
I do so! Go here for a pic:
Sticker thread

I like my surround, it goes well with the chrome trim on the car. It also has a plexiglas cover over the plate, keeps it clean.

I've always thought people who debadge cars are trying to hide something.
On the glass is ok... but not on the paint!

Debadging that M3 isn't going to hide a thing. Kind of like trying to hide Arnold's biceps under a long-sleeved shirt.

I'm just yanking your chain on the plate surround. At least you have no writing on it! :D

·
3,300 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What was your favorite part??

IndyMike said:

Here's mine:

·
Where am I?
963 Posts
Re: Re: What was your favorite part??

JPinTO said:
I love the exhaust! This car looks beautiful! Wow!

What kind of exhaust is it???

- JP
AC Schnitzer, with the ACS Carbon Fiber rear diffuser. But from what I hear, they don't actually sound that great ( though they look cool as hell).

The only thing out of place to me is the bimmerfest.com sticker. I like the ACS badge.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts