BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha I must be dense but I just figured out the mirrors fold up!

Haha for years I wondered and it looked like they did! Then today I'm washing my car attempted harder then usually and there they go!

Haha I was amazed! I'm sure there are other members who will learn this!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Good job! I've tried a little bit but I'm scared it's going to break or something. You folded it manually right?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Yeah fold up
Be careful. I would say the fold exactly "up". The fold at an angle. Once you have figured out how to fold them properly it shouldn't take much force. You kinda have to twist them the right way. Hard to explain unless you do them yourself

·
live like no one else
143 Posts
Be careful. I would say the fold exactly "up". The fold at an angle. Once you have figured out how to fold them properly it shouldn't take much force. You kinda have to twist them the right way. Hard to explain unless you do them yourself
no force on mine but just push the button. Lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

·
dhillon
295 Posts
Mines 03 .. Will they still fold ?

·
dhillon
295 Posts
Ohh nice.. I didn't no that
Thnx shaaman

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
starting in 07 it was a.power option on drivers door. Button next to mirror control

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
European models had them from the beginning 02 until now except for the F01 series they fold up in a different angle:thumbup: and they all fold up automatic when you shut the car off.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Where is the button ?
Button is located beside the switch that you use to switch mirrors left to right. However for all US based 7 the mirrors were not auto fold until 2007. So if you have a 02-06 E65/E66 in the US then you have to manual fold your mirrors. For European and probably Japan based 7 series they had the auto fold option from 2002. I am not sure about the Canadian models. I always found it strange as autofold was standard in the 2001 E38 750il and an option on the 740 an 740il for 2001.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts