BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I took the car (G31 530d) yesterday to the dealer for a recall, and they called me saying that HU was blocked. The car has a non-official FSC for the map updates and CarPlay, and I did not restore it to stock before bringing it in, as I assumed the update would just wipe the FSC and I'd have to patch it again.

I claimed the car back from the dealer as the option they were proposing was a new Headunit (+2.000 €) and Navigation and voice commands are not working (nav keeps stuck at "Loading"). If I patch the FSC I bought, everything seems to work.

I tried to use BimmerCode to see some light and I got the attached screenshots:

Font Parallel Rectangle Number Screenshot

Rectangle Font Logo Brand Electric blue

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Screenshot

Any idea what that can be and how to fix it? Would flashing the stock FSC solve the problem?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
46,958 Posts
Need to flash Head Unit, and load original OEM FSC Codes.

·
Premium Member
46,958 Posts
Thanks for your quick reply!

I have ISTA already, so I guess I can flash with that, no?

Where could I get the original OEM FSC Codes?
Can Program car with ISTA+ so long as it includes SDP or just flash Head Unit with E-Sys and PSdZData Full. PM sent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I’m having the same issue with 2016 F30 LCI with factory ID6. CarPlay was activated via non official method. It went to the dealer today for a recall. I had call to say the head unit is not working and black screen. Can you confirm what I need to do to fix this.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
46,958 Posts
Hi,
I’m having the same issue with 2016 F30 LCI with factory ID6. CarPlay was activated via non official method. It went to the dealer today for a recall. I had call to say the head unit is not working and black screen. Can you confirm what I need to do to fix this.
Thanks
OEM Restore needed. PM sent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts