BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Advocate de diabolo
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:

Well, I'm not sure what's wrong now. My sound cuts in and out. Usually when I start the car, there is no sound for over a minute, then the radio/cd player cuts in w/ sound. This is my 3rd amp and 2nd radio I am on. I'm going to check the connections and fuses before I take it in. I knew this was going to happen soon, I have sound problems almost once a year.

Mind you, this is not a major issue, but annoying. If anyone has any ideas on what else this could be, please... I am hoping it is a connection, but now that I am not in warranty, if it is the amp, I'll have to pony up for a new one. Does anyone know if the amp or any other part is replaced, is there a warranty on that part that extends past the 4 years/50,000 miles? Thanks. This car is jinxed w/ its sound system.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
:mad:

Well, I'm not sure what's wrong now. My sound cuts in and out. Usually when I start the car, there is no sound for over a minute, then the radio/cd player cuts in w/ sound. This is my 3rd amp and 2nd radio I am on. I'm going to check the connections and fuses before I take it in. I knew this was going to happen soon, I have sound problems almost once a year.

Mind you, this is not a major issue, but annoying. If anyone has any ideas on what else this could be, please... I am hoping it is a connection, but now that I am not in warranty, if it is the amp, I'll have to pony up for a new one. Does anyone know if the amp or any other part is replaced, is there a warranty on that part that extends past the 4 years/50,000 miles? Thanks. This car is jinxed w/ its sound system.
1yr warranty on any dealer part.

·
Advocate de diabolo
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully, it is w/in that year, but doubtful...methinks it's been 1.5 years, ugh. Thanks for the info Kris.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts