BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
wondering if i hook up my ipod thru the auxilary outlet is there a way to see all my songs on my idrive thru the ipod??? or is there any way to do that? pls help if someone has done it before i would appreciate the steps on how to.. thanks again in adavance. i have a 07 525i

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is your iPod connected to the usb part of the outlet? I think that's necessary for the full menu to appear on screen. (Or, worse: do pre-LCI E60 'print through' the way you want them to?)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is your iPod connected to the usb part of the outlet? I think that's necessary for the full menu to appear on screen. (Or, worse: do pre-LCI E60 'print through' the way you want them to?)
unfortunately mine does not have the usb port, only aux.. and do you mean by pre-lci e60 print through? thanks again :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nope, the Aux port is for audio only.

I had my 6-disc CD changer replaced with the iPod interface and it does show songs, etc. on iDrive.

·
Registered
108 Posts
what do you mean by pre-lci e60? thanks again :)
For 2008, BMW 'freshened up' our series. Differences between the 04-07 and the 08-10 cars include updates to the iDrive and its capacities. The change is called LCI.
Maybe having your iPod 'print through' to the car's screen from aux is something only the later cars do?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ive been searching on this topic for a few weeks now and come to dead end, So i decided just ask and see if some one can help me out!

I own a 2008 550i LCI the car came with the USB and AUX option under the Arm rest between the seats. When i plug my iPod Nano to the USB and go to the iDrive entertainment aux I see my ipod Directory . When I click on Music all I see is F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 .... etc . Folders with songs with different codes.. Meaning that my albums and songs are not displayed , instead its weird codes!!! ???? How can I view my Albums and sold titles are they should or why does it display this.. :mad::dunno:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ive been searching on this topic for a few weeks now and come to dead end, So i decided just ask and see if some one can help me out!

I own a 2008 550i LCI the car came with the USB and AUX option under the Arm rest between the seats. When i plug my iPod Nano to the USB and go to the iDrive entertainment aux I see my ipod Directory . When I click on Music all I see is F1 F2 F3 F4 F5 F6 .... etc . Folders with songs with different codes.. Meaning that my albums and songs are not displayed , instead its weird codes!!! ???? How can I view my Albums and sold titles are they should or why does it display this.. :mad::dunno:
Are you using the white iPod USB cable, or the OEM BMW split cable? I had the same problem as I bought my car used and it didn't come with the BMW cable. Bought an OEM one off of eBay, and it works perfect. FYI, before I bought the OEM cable I tried one of the $10 eBay cables that claim to work just as the OEM ones. It didn't.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are you using the white iPod USB cable, or the OEM BMW split cable? I had the same problem as I bought my car used and it didn't come with the BMW cable. Bought an OEM one off of eBay, and it works perfect. FYI, before I bought the OEM cable I tried one of the $10 eBay cables that claim to work just as the OEM ones. It didn't.
Thanks Camerri ! Ive been using the iPod White cable , I ordered a BMW Y-cable from Amazon. Has good reviews, according to people that bought it fixed the problem. Lets see. I should get it on Tuesday! :roundel:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts