BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
G'day All... :)

Via the divorce settlement, I got the 1996 316i Compact at a decent price. Has a lot of K's on the clock (171,000) but religiously serviced by HER. It has some nagging issues.

I drove the car part time for 4 1/2 years (when we were in love/lust) and loved the (driving) experience. Certainly the best car I've ever put my bum (a*s) into the driver's seat. Now it is mine and I want to keep it going. I'm not interested in ground effects, performance increases, etc. I just want to economically as possible own the car and still maintain a high level of performance, spelled F.U.N.

I will warn you ALL in advance... I've read throughly through the forums in the archive format. 28 pages total; over 6500 topics posted and I still have a HUGE amount of questions that need answering.

Please, if I ask a question that has already been answered, don't be mean or nasty and tell me to STF (search the forums). I can only assimilate so much being 53 years old. Kindly point me to where I need to go and with all of your vast cumulative knowledge, please coax me along.

It is quite obvious to me that owning a BMW is more akin to a (sigh) relationship than any other owner/vehicle experience.

Thanks and regards,

Jan (A middle-aged, short, fat, bald male with a short, fat Bimmer in Sydney)
---
I like children - FRIED! -- W.C. Fields

·
Retired Official Welcomer
8,310 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts