BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 CLK 500 OR 02 BMW M3 and why?
This could be something that might be an option for me in the near future. I would like to know what you guys would do if you were in my situation. Keep in mind that I have had 00 323ci, 02 330ci.

LIL RAJA

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh if you vote for M3 then

what color would you go for.

1)alpine white/cinnamon
2)carbon black/cinnamon
3)steel gray/imola
4)silver/imola
5) other.

LIL Raja

PS. i am not seeking approval, just wondering what others would do. thanks

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
LIL RAJA said:
This could be something that might be an option for me in the near future. I would like to know what you guys would do if you were in my situation. Keep in mind that I have had 00 323ci, 02 330ci.

LIL RAJA
get the CLK500 (i didn't know there is one in '03)... or the SL500...

why do u change cars so often? too much cash in your hand?

--Andrew

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
Re: oh if you vote for M3 then

LIL RAJA said:
what color would you go for.

1)alpine white/cinnamon
2)carbon black/cinnamon
3)steel gray/imola
4)silver/imola
5) other.

LIL Raja

PS. i am not seeking approval, just wondering what others would do. thanks
how about jet blk with cloth seats? i like that... also lighter...

--Andrew

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: SORT OF OF TOPIC: What would you pick?

ayn said:

get the CLK500 (i didn't know there is one in '03)... or the SL500...

why do u change cars so often? too much cash in your hand?

--Andrew
Mercedes is realising the new E-class soon in USA. July for the sedan, August for the coupes. The engines initailly will be clk320 and clk500s. The 4.3 engine v-8 has been dropped in favor of 5.0 v-8. So there is a clk500 coming up followed by clk55 next year or so. Why do I change my cars so often? i get tired of them very fast for some reason. Cash- one can never have 2 much...

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
LIL RAJA said:

LIL RAJA
The M3, without any hesitation. The new CLK is supposed to be a better driver's car than the previous version, but I've never driven a Mercedes that came anywhere near the corresponding BMW in terms of driving dynamics, and I doubt that the CLK will be much different. The old CLK430 was a nice looking car, but bad gearing and poor suspension settings made it a pig to drive: slower than it should have been with gobs of body roll and novocaine-tainted steering. Plus, the CLK will be auto-only, and while there may be one or two cars I would deign to buy despite having an automatic, the CLK certainly isn't one of them (actually, the only one I can think of is the Bentley Arnage T).

Driving a Mercedes is like playing cards while wearing welding gloves: you can do it, but it's just not fun.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Re: Re: Re: SORT OF OF TOPIC: What would you pick?

LIL RAJA said:

Mercedes is realising the new E-class soon in USA. July for the sedan, August for the coupes. The engines initailly will be clk320 and clk500s. The 4.3 engine v-8 has been dropped in favor of 5.0 v-8. So there is a clk500 coming up followed by clk55 next year or so. Why do I change my cars so often? i get tired of them very fast for some reason. Cash- one can never have 2 much...
I think you're overlooking something important (based on what I saw in your sig pic): SLUSHIE only...

Anyway, M3. Hands down!

Edit:

I must confess that I've always liked the CLK55. But it's SO damn expensive...

·
Gone Motoring!
2,025 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: SORT OF OF TOPIC: What would you pick?

ALEX325i said:

I must confess that I've always liked the CLK55. But it's SO damn expensive...
Yeah man! AMG cars are cool! Auto only but u can still smoke most of the cars out there... I've driven a manual SLK230, I'd take an auto Benz over manual any day... seriously... just doesn't feel right shifting in a Mercedes...

Lil Raja:
I see what you mean by getting bored, I feel the same too... too bad you're in VA, if u were in Austin, I'd definitely be buying your cars when you get new ones.

--Andrew

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SORT OF OF TOPIC: What would you pick?

ayn said:

Yeah man! AMG cars are cool! Auto only but u can still smoke most of the cars out there... I've driven a manual SLK230, I'd take an auto Benz over manual any day... seriously... just doesn't feel right shifting in a Mercedes...
--Andrew
That's because Mercedes' manual transmissions are so crappy. The 6 speed used in the SLK and C coupe is one of the most horrid transmissions I've ever had the displeasure of coming into contact with. There's no feel, and the throws are all weird.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SORT OF OF TOPIC: What would you pick?

ayn said:

Lil Raja:
I see what you mean by getting bored, I feel the same too... too bad you're in VA, if u were in Austin, I'd definitely be buying your cars when you get new ones.

--Andrew
Andrew-Usually my friend end up buying my car since they know how well it's been taken care of. But oh well maybe you should move to VA.

Alex- I have never owned an auto, my father has the E-class and it's not so bad. The best thing about that car is that I am never speeding. And Insurance premium is making me think about shushiez.

M3 really does not have competition based on handling. But my only reservation is that most of my friends have M3s. All of the sudden I feel like there aren't very many choices out there.

JST- Bentley hmmm. those are nice.

LIL RAJA

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SORT OF OF TOPIC: What would you pick?

LIL RAJA said:

Alex- I have never owned an auto, my father has the E-class and it's not so bad. The best thing about that car is that I am never speeding. And Insurance premium is making me think about shushiez.

M3 really does not have competition based on handling. But my only reservation is that most of my friends have M3s. All of the sudden I feel like there aren't very many choices out there.

LIL RAJA
Hey Lil,

I have. 98 A4 1.8T quattro w/Tip. When I bought it (new), I thought I could get used to the Tip box. After all, I could shift "manually". Yeah, right... :tsk: All of a sudden, I found myself driving the C5 I also had back then more often than ever... I kept the A4 for 40 months though... :yikes: Don't regret the Audi ownership experience, but I certainly regret the fact that I didn't get a 5-speed, no matter how crappy it was/is (some people say they find Audi manual gearboxes notchy)...

I wouldn't worry too much about all my friends having M3's too. Go for it! :thumb:

·
Registered
181 Posts
M3 all the way! Merc just doesn't stack up in terms of driving dynamics.

Steel Gray/Imola :thumb:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
at this rate, i will be driving the 330ci. Damn, people make offers like it's a 325. what gives? my car has no resale value???

LIL raja

PS. Keeping my fingers crossed for some1 to buy my 02 330ci

1 - 16 of 16 Posts