Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi - been reading on here for days but can't seem to find the answers I need. Last week started getting the SOS Malfunction warning on my 2013 X5. No chimes, radio, Bluetooth, etc ... Bought a few of those optical loops after reading similar issues on other models. Accessed the rear left compartment and see my Amp (was able to remove so read label) and another box directly behind it (unable to read the label). I'm guessing this is my Satellite radio box as I see what I think is the antenna line coming out of it. I put the optical loop in that and door/warning chimes and radio started working. I still get SOS warning and bluetooth not working. Anyone know where the Bluetooth module (or if I'm mistaken above) the Satellite radio module is located? I want to try the loop on that module as well. Thanks in advance!

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,463 Posts
Www.newtis.info. Enter with your VIN-7. See search box. Search ***8220;Bluetooth***8221;, separately search ***8220;telecommunicat***8221;. Component identifications are usually hypertext links to locations images.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
in a 2013, the combox is in the trunk in the same location. The satellie module is built into your CIC navigation in your dash. On the older models (pre-LCI), there was a separate SDARS module for satellite radio

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have same SOS malfunction issue and navigation loss or off to my current location. Im trying to locate where's my telematic unit or satellite unit for my x5 2017. In rear left compartment i saw only the amplifier and small compensator box. Please help. Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Did you check the fuse? When I first bought my 2010, I had an SOS error without chimes... turned out the fuse was just removed. Put a 5 amp fuse in and fixed the problem lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts