BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2011 X5 xDrive35d with Premium Sound Package (ZPS option).

When I shut off the car and restart it, the sound level of the radio, iPod, CD, etc goes to a much lower sound level setting. When I first got my X5, I never had this problem - the sound level used to go back to the last volume level I listened to.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem, if so, how did you get it resolved?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have 2011 X5 xDrive35d with Premium Sound Package (ZPS option).

When I shut off the car and restart it, the sound level of the radio, iPod, CD, etc goes to a much lower sound level setting. When I first got my X5, I never had this problem - the sound level used to go back to the last volume level I listened to.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem, if so, how did you get it resolved?
Me too. Same problem.

·
pay it forward
1,395 Posts
it's a feature that allows you to pump your system and then when you get back in the car to take your kids to school, it doesn't blow out their eardrums.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all who responded.

I think Dano18 is correct, this has to do with the software. This problem started after Dealer replaced the rear camera cable. Dealer did mention they had to refresh the software.

Sound system volume on all the cars I owned in the past or currently own had the volume setting persist after switching off the car - including this X5 when I first got it. The drop in volume is significant - barely audible, hence the deisre to get it fixed.

I will have the dealer look at it again and post the results.

·
is what life is ..
112 Posts
Go to the iDrive settings. Try to reduce the auto up volume while driving. It's a feature to automatically raise the sound volume while driving to compensate for road noise.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.