BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the HK system has been discussed to death, but I have one more question... I have ordered a car that will have the HK system, and frankly, have been stressed out about what I've read on various forums. (rattles, buzzes, poor sound quality, etc.)

A coworker just got a 325i with the standard system. I think it sounds great. If the HK system in my car sounds as good, I will be more than pleased. My question - does the HK sound worse than the regular system?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Davis? cows?...what cows?
91 Posts
actually.....the HK sounds pretty good....more/cleaner bass compared to the stock system (thanx to the "subs")

at least i love them...

i wouldn't worry too much :)
just wait and be pleased when u turn on the HK system :D

-asura

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have listened to the HK sound in a 95 740il and boy did it sound weak!

but I listened to it in a 2001 330i and man it thumps! 12 speakers (including 2 subs) make that HK sound nice!

I even listened to the stock system in a 99 323i and it wasn't bad at all!

I think you'll be more than happy.
Of course if you're like me, you'll drop in a couple of JL subs, amps and an in dash mp3 player :)

·
Parking Spot Maven
2,831 Posts
I don't know why people are complaining about the HK system. They say the bass is weak... I have mine 1-2 notches above center (nav settings) and it is almost too thumpy for me. Could it be that the guys complaining are the ones that listen to wrap with the bass pumped all the way up for everyone else to hear? I hate that. :tsk:

I'm happy with mine... no rattles at all, and it has more power than I'll ever use. :dunno:

The only thing I wish it had is an equilizer, but it still sounds pretty good. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

--SONET

·
Registered
125 Posts
It all depends on what your expectations are...

If you listen to Rap, of course it will sound terrible (joking).

If you thought the current non-HK system sounded good

You will love the new HK.

of course you could always do a ackster...

·
Here since day one
7,187 Posts
I think the HK system in my coupe is excellent. If you think the regular system was good then you'll really be happy with the HK.

It has better bass and crisper treble !!

Don't stress on it . . . it's a great system !!

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
HK system is very sweet

if u don't listen to ur music very loud you probably can't tell the difference between the stock and the HK stereo. but if ur a rapper/hard rock head banging kinda guy, the HK is the way to go.

alternatively you could always enjoy the sweet sound of that inline-6.

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Thank for all the input.

munk330ci said:

Damn. OK, so then I will change. From now on I'm all RAP, all the time. I will now be known as SNOOP. (or DJ Easy Munk):thumb:
"You' tuned into da biggest balls of em all, DJ Saallllty Nutz."

Sorry folks, too funny to pass up. :D

·
Registered
166 Posts
I listen to all types of music including RAP, and IMO the HK system sucks!!! I am not an audiophile by any stretch but even I can tell this system sucks! My friend has a new Maxima with the BOSE (I hate BOSE) and his system smokes mine.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
i JUST got a brand new 330 ci, the rear hatshelf rattled. they fixed it in one day (needed a rubber film strim inbetween the shelf and frame) and now it sounds AWESOME. i can be 80mpw with windows open and still sound good.. dont expect window shaking bass, but it sounds wonderful to me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.