BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

South Africa builds

1502 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  FTUMCH
Hi all,
I just found out that my BMW which is on a boat right now (325i black/black ette' SP) was built in South Africa. Is there any disadvantages to this from being built in Germany as far as quality goes? Thanks for any insight.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G
From JD Power- The South Africa plant was recently rated the highest quality European auto plant of ALL manufacturers. BMW's Munich plant ranked second.

mike_mike said:
Hi all,
I just found out that my BMW which is on a boat right now (325i black/black ette' SP) was built in South Africa. Is there any disadvantages to this from being built in Germany as far as quality goes? Thanks for any insight.
Wow, thanks..can't ask for a better response then that.:thumb:
Hi Mike,

My 325i is an SA build too. I've been in status 190 since 6/7. How long did it take your car to go from 155 to 195?

Thanks!
i think this is the first SA build qualty question i've seen here

granted i've only been here since jan and i'm not on all the time...
Zap,
Hard to say, because I don't regularly check the status, so I don't know exactly when it was at status 155.
I have posted this in another thread but put simply was the E46 actually "manufactured" in South Africa or merely assembled from a CKD (like it is in Thailand)?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.