BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
The food was too $$$ and way too crappy to have been worthwhile. There has to be a much better one someplace else in LA.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
There is another one at

Old World in Huntington Beach (is that the one you are thinking of Kaz?) which is where the LA BMWCCA holds some of their club meetings. But my next door neighbor is German and she said the one in Alpine Village is better. I have not been to either :dunno:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Hrmm....or any other place to hang out and soak in some Oktoberfest atmosphere?:dunno:
What about sit around someone's bigscreen for the last F1 race, watch Schumey kick some ass, and stuff ourselves with brats, kraut, and Spaten Oktoberfest? :D

If someone can come up with an oompapa band and some beer maidens we'll be totally set.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The Lorelei restaurant at the Phoenix club in Anaheim has good German food (including beer of course). I have no idea about Oktoberfest there though.

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
Vince,

Have you ever been to Alpine Village? It seemed a tad run down to me the last time I was there, but then it always looked that way to me:(.

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
7,078 Posts
VinceTopasBlau3 said:
Hrmm....or any other place to hang out and soak in some Oktoberfest atmosphere?:dunno:
Sit in front of your big screen with beer and watch European Vacation? :p hehe

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Actually . . .

Vince has another good idea (and right after that smashing DV success). Isn't Alex possibly going to be in the area some time during SoCal Oktoberfest? (although, to him the cheesy touristy attempts at O'fest might be more of an insult) But if he is here in time, we should be able to think of something with a German theme.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Actually . . .

Hrm... ;) AlexB would probably like to see more of California than more Germany. :D

That got me thinking. Maybe we should do some BBQ instead. One of those texas styled ribs and steak. I will be down for that!

scottn2retro said:
Vince has another good idea (and right after that smashing DV success). Isn't Alex possibly going to be in the area some time during SoCal Oktoberfest? (although, to him the cheesy touristy attempts at O'fest might be more of an insult) But if he is here in time, we should be able to think of something with a German theme.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
I guess . . .

we need to know more of an agenda. I certainly would not mind hosting a small gathering at my place when Alex comes to see the beach. I would also imagine a trip to Cutter would be in store and up in Santa Barabara County we should be able to find some Santa Maria tri-tip (good stuff) :)

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: I guess . . .

We will work on something...Cos AlexB has yet to finalize anything... :(

scottn2retro said:
we need to know more of an agenda. I certainly would not mind hosting a small gathering at my place when Alex comes to see the beach. I would also imagine a trip to Cutter would be in store and up in Santa Barabara County we should be able to find some Santa Maria tri-tip (good stuff) :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts