BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
881 - 900 of 929 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,676 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,676 Posts
Hello, does anyone have a link for the bmw coding tool program that is used to update the sp datens. I looked for it on google but I can't find it anywhere
PM sent.

·
Premium Member
44,676 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Quick question, I did CIC retrofit to my 09 E61 with build date 08/09.

factory I-Level - 08-09-520
Dealer - 14-11-500
Backup - 11-12-500

Updated my VO to #0909 for CIC to work, but was not able to communicate with CIC via winkfp and ISTA-P still sees CCC and related modules. Whenever I try to update CIC firmware via winkfp, it errors out with COAPI error with ECU address not found using ICOM-A2+B

Planning to update my F I-Level to match my updated build date in VO 0909 which corresponds to V2.35.4 09-09-516 I-Level using Tool32 and updating ONLY F I-level. Can I use any latest sp-daten or should i have to use 2.35.4 only to do this? if I have to use 2.35.4, where can I download it from?

thanks for any suggestions

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44,676 Posts
Quick question, I did CIC retrofit to my 09 E61 with build date 08/09.

factory I-Level - 08-09-520
Dealer - 14-11-500
Backup - 11-12-500

Updated my VO to #0909 for CIC to work, but was not able to communicate with CIC via winkfp and ISTA-P still sees CCC and related modules. Whenever I try to update CIC firmware via winkfp, it errors out with COAPI error with ECU address not found using ICOM-A2+B

Planning to update my F I-Level to match my updated build date in VO 0909 which corresponds to V2.35.4 09-09-516 I-Level using Tool32 and updating ONLY F I-level. Can I use any latest sp-daten or should i have to use 2.35.4 only to do this? if I have to use 2.35.4, where can I download it from?

thanks for any suggestions
You can flash with latest. I doub't firmware is your issue though, Likely hardware or coding.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You can flash with latest. I doub't firmware is your issue though, Likely hardware or coding.
Thanks. Can I use any latest daten files and use E60.prg from it to update Factory I-Level to current level even though my VO is 0909?

I read that if my navigation in CIC has no exclamation mark with check mark on it, mine is on a very old firmware and mine doesnt have it

·
Premium Member
44,676 Posts
Yes, you can use latest SP-Daten files. If CIC is not a valid factory option for E61 built 0909, then you need to use a newer build date in VO.

If CIC has no exclamation mark with check mark, then map can only update via DVD, not USB.

Reactions: pavanbabut

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes, you can use latest SP-Daten files. If CIC is not a valid factory option for E61 built 0909, then you need to use a newer build date in VO.

If CIC has no exclamation mark with check mark, then map can only update via DVD, not USB.
That is what I read, but when I insert a USB with updated maps on it, it recognizes and asks for code, but since the VIN in the 1b file I get from the car has generic VIN 1234567, the code I am generating is not valid. My CIC is on C0D version

·
Premium Member
44,676 Posts
That is what I read, but when I insert a USB with updated maps on it, it recognizes and asks for code, but since the VIN in the 1b file I get from the car has generic VIN 1234567, the code I am generating is not valid. My CIC is on C0D version
I have no idea why 1B has generic VIN 1234567. I presume you are using an Emualtor / Activation Module for this retrofit.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have no idea why 1B has generic VIN 1234567. I presume you are using an Emualtor / Activation Module for this retrofit.
Yes you are right, I am using emulator and quite a few people that did CIC swaps had this problem of extracting proper 1b file. With my previous CIC unit, I didnt have this problem and got 1b file right on the first time and the code worked fine, but then that one came with maps that has exclamation mark in it. I had to replace that since I virginized it and never got it to load proper FSCs and the navigation feature was disabled. Found a replacement CIC from another 10 E60 and got it for a good price.

·
Premium Member
44,676 Posts
Yes you are right, I am using emulator and quite a few people that did CIC swaps had this problem of extracting proper 1b file. With my previous CIC unit, I didnt have this problem and got 1b file right on the first time and the code worked fine, but then that one came with maps that has exclamation mark in it. I had to replace that since I virginized it and never got it to load proper FSCs and the navigation feature was disabled. Found a replacement CIC from another 10 E60 and got it for a good price.
Ok. Good luck.

881 - 900 of 929 Posts