BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The BMW literature seems a bit deceiving as it makes Space Grey look a lot more shiny and "silvery" than it actually is. Has anyone else noticed this? Space Grey seems to be a more mute color than Titanium Silver (compare the brochure picture with the one of the guy driving). The picture of the 335i with the living room in the foreground really looks more like a cross between TiAg and Space Grey? Opinions?

I'm trying to decide between the two colors with Black Interior (already ruled out black exterior) for the 335i. You all think TiAg is more sporty?

Check out the difference between the Space Grey photos below:

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Don't pay any attention to those glossed up marketing pics. The originals are out there too if you look for them. It looks good, but nothing like those ps jobs. It's basically a darker shade of silver. TiAg has a very faint hint of blue in it which is why it's so cool and bright. Sparkling graphite has some faint eggplant shades. Space will no doubt have some highlight color thrown in as well, it will be interesting to see the first hand reports. I agree that TiAg is sportier, and it's a really stunning color which suits BMWs so you can't go wrong there, but silver is so incredibly common that it can come across as pretty conservative on most cars (cf 911 turbo...) So they're both kinda conservative choices really. If you want bold and sporty how about the blue? Have you seen those blue 350Zs? They look sharp man...

·
Registered
16 Posts
The brochure photos cannot be trusted. Another example is how Arctic looks more like TiAG in the E91 brochure. Not sure why they do it that way, but that's how it is.

·
Registered
294 Posts
When I was trying to decide I went on the lot and looked at a bunch of e90s... obviously there was no Space Gray, but tall of the silver/gray colors are VERY close, and even the dealer had a difficult time telling me what color was which.

I went with Space Gray just because it was a new color, and I currently drive a Silver car so I wanted something slightly different.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I will agree that TiAg is a very nice color, but EVERYONE gets TiAg. It's the BMW "Safe Color." Someone else described it as the "me-too" color.

Personally I was really into the graphite then I saw the real pictures in daylight and it looks almost like a silver-purple which is just weird. I'm going to go with Space Gray which is a nice compromise between the shiny washability of TiAg and the aggressiveness of Graphite. Either that or Montego Blue. That color's just sweet.

·
Registered
405 Posts
if you're going to get black interior with Al trim, TiAg is the perfect match. Plus, TiAg is the official color for Sport cars, to me. SG looks too dark for me.

·
Registered
468 Posts
You have to see the colors for yourself, preferably in different lighting conditions, to really know what you're getting. I have silver gray on my E46 which I'm not all that wild about. It has a lot of blue in it and it looks pretty drab much of the time. It does turn brilliant under direct light from the afternoon sun but the rest of the time it has too darn much blue in it. I'd rather have the sterling gray that they used on the Z4 and the E39. That one has brown in it and it looks great in most light conditions.

Space gray looks great in the brochure pics but I wouldn't order it sight unseen. I thought sparkling graphite was hot until I saw how it turns eggplant in bright sunlight. Yuck!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
numbersguy said:
You have to see the colors for yourself, preferably in different lighting conditions, to really know what you're getting.

Space gray looks great in the brochure pics but I wouldn't order it sight unseen.
That's the problem. No Space Grey to be seen prior to my order for European Delivery. I could wait until the cars are here in the States, but then I would be picking the car up in late mid to late November when the weather is becoming rather bad.

Which color is Space Grey closest to in the current line-up? Anyone have real-life photos of the car colors from a recent ED trip?

·
Banned
6,126 Posts
numbersguy said:
You have to see the colors for yourself, preferably in different lighting conditions, to really know what you're getting. I have silver gray on my E46 which I'm not all that wild about. It has a lot of blue in it and it looks pretty drab much of the time. It does turn brilliant under direct light from the afternoon sun but the rest of the time it has too darn much blue in it. I'd rather have the sterling gray that they used on the Z4 and the E39. That one has brown in it and it looks great in most light conditions.

Space gray looks great in the brochure pics but I wouldn't order it sight unseen. I thought sparkling graphite was hot until I saw how it turns eggplant in bright sunlight. Yuck!
I like silver gray better than the steel blue I had previously...steel blue had a lot of purple in it while silver gray has blue...BMW 'mix' colors do look different depending on lighting...this time I'm going with TiAg because I know I'm going to like it!

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
amnesiac said:
I will agree that TiAg is a very nice color, but EVERYONE gets TiAg. It's the BMW "Safe Color." Someone else described it as the "me-too" color.
I won't argue with any of this...but, I'm getting Titanium Silver anyway, because that is my very favorite color, period.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Well, after seeing the car in Titanium Silver this week, I am sold on Titanium Silver. The car is beautiful in person!!! It also looks beautiful at night!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Bmw

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THANK YOU SO MUCH you for those pictures bagbklyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That helps me greatly in my decision...where did you get those photos? Do you happen to have any of a Space Grey colored 335i? Thanks again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.