BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
whughes
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that BMW has put a spare tire back in the 5 series? Will the LCI G30 get one?:dunno:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Unless it's a full size I normally don't do spare tires. Just call the tow truck. It would be great that they go back to spares though besides relying on runflats

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Because it doesn't require that many electronics like the "higher-end" models do that's why there is "space" to put a spare tire which is a "bad" thing.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Because it doesn't require that many electronics like the "higher-end" models do that's why there is "space" to put a spare tire which is a "bad" thing.
As always and forever will be...

WRONG

It's incorporated exactly the same way as the G11/12 Optional compact spare. A hard lifting trunk floor is added over the spare which sits on the normal trunk floor. Reduces the height available by 8" in height all the way fore to aft.

·
Registered
12,022 Posts
why does this tard keep posting anything>?

I added the spacesaver spare in my x5 I always feel better knowing i have something on a roadtrip.

·
Registered
8 Posts
why does this tard keep posting anything>?

I added the spacesaver spare in my x5 I always feel better knowing i have something on a roadtrip.
Does the e39 have the monster battery in the trunk's spare tire well? If so, can you provide photos on how you store your added spare?

I have the F10 and I don't see how I could fit a normal or compact spare.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
It's incorporated exactly the same way as the G11/12 Optional compact spare. A hard lifting trunk floor is added over the spare which sits on the normal trunk floor. Reduces the height available by 8" in height all the way fore to aft.
Good info; thank you.

why does this tard keep posting anything?
:/

Interesting thought; BMW should offer an aftersales retrofit for the F10 comprised of the space saver spare parts found on the G12, and same goes for the F01/02!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Does the e39 have the monster battery in the trunk's spare tire well? If so, can you provide photos on how you store your added spare?

Been available for many years but very few have a well. Compact as it is, a lot of room is lost. If equipped with a rear fridge, it won't fit.

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1476727894.705468.jpg

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Been available for many years but very few have a well. Compact as it is, a lot of room is lost. If equipped with a rear fridge, it won't fit.

View attachment 579371
Gee, I go to all the trouble of installing a fridge :)

Here is the solution!

or this

Nope, here is the perfect system

In the box, you could keep a spare for the trailer itself.

This may be the next MUST HAVE accessory for every cool BMW!!

I crack me up!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Have you guys even seen what the 7-series "spare tire" compartment looks like? It looks like looking into a server farm.

·
whughes
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
love the continental kit didn't know the new 7 had a spare. sorry 1bad540, didn't realize i upset you so much, hope you get back on your meds

·
Registered
413 Posts
love the continental kit didn't know the new 7 had a spare. sorry 1bad540, didn't realize i upset you so much, hope you get back on your meds
1bad540's comment wasn't directed at you. It's was to the other one demonstrating worsening schizophrenic episodes. I feel bad now that it's worsening and personally wanted some dry humor to come.

·
whughes
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh well, me, myself and I often get confused, except for me,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts