BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... so my dad told me its time to get new spark plugs for my car and I told him I wanted NGK Iridium spark plugs. So I did some searching and I couldnt find where to buy them. I even called Autozone, Pepboys, and Kragen, but no luck...

Then I texted Chad and he didnt reply so I went back on the computer and did more research.... and now im just even more confused.

Apparently in a thread a couple months ago Phillip talked about how NGK Iridiums are bad spark plugs and everyone should buy the dual ground ones.

So now im confused because Pete said to get NGK Iridiums and Phillip said not to.

HELP! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont think we have an Advanced Auto Parts here in LA....

Oh and i forgot to mention.. I really dont wanna buy online. I'd rather walk into a store and buy it

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
They have them at Kragen here in CA. (That's where I bought mine.) I'm pretty sure AutoZone has them too.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well wtf... is there a certain part number i should give them? Cause i called and they were like, " well we HAVE NGK Iridiums but not for your car"

Whatever the hell that meens..

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
It means you suck at finding things.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Chad, btw thanks for texting me back. :thumbup:

I never get serious answers to my questions on the fest...

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Phillip are the NGK Iridiums better then the ones they have at the dealership? Cause honestly ive heard alot of good things from the Iridiums so im gonna buy those today unless you can completely change my mind!

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Phillip are the NGK Iridiums better then the ones they have at the dealership? Cause honestly ive heard alot of good things from the Iridiums so im gonna buy those today unless you can completely change my mind!
He'll tell you that illegal 17 year old spark plugs are the best by far.

:eeps:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well i bought the plugs lol i was gonna put them in tommorow hopefully I'll keep everyone posted.

While i was buying them the guy at the counter was like i wouldnt recommend those for a BMW... hes like you should go with Bosch

So now im paranoid. Great.

·
I run as fast as my car.
2,568 Posts
Whatever, they also reccomend that you should use anti-seize. But Wayne Dempsey says, "The bulletin applies retroactively to all models with the theory that the anti-seize compound acts as an electrical insulator between the plug and cylinder head"

I would believe the bmw guru's

·
Turn Burglar
12,282 Posts
The NGK's ARE the ones they sell at the dealership. They're the ones that a team of German engineers and scientists with a bottomless R&D budget dtermined were best for these cars.
Anyway, I hate repeating myself on simple subjects like this so just read this spark plug thread. Keep us updated with whichever plugs you go with.

·
Turn Burglar
12,282 Posts
He'll tell you that just barely legal 17 year old spark plugs are the best by far.

:eeps:
Fixed. At least be accurate on your Ga state law. Oh, and PS Chad, SC and I will not be visiting you in California until after June. ;) :rofl:

Well i bought the plugs lol i was gonna put them in tommorow hopefully I'll keep everyone posted.

While i was buying them the guy at the counter was like i wouldnt recommend those for a BMW... hes like you should go with Bosch

So now im paranoid. Great.
Yeah man, the 45 year-old recovering alcoholic working the counter at Autozone for $8 an hour is the be-all end-all of automotive knowledge when it comes to 12 year old German sports cars. :rolleyes: :rofl:
You know he's legit because of the ASE pin on his collar.

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Fixed. At least be accurate on your Ga state law. Oh, and PS Chad, SC and I will not be visiting you in California until after June. ;) :rofl:
Good, I don't wanna be bailing your ass out of jail. We're not backwater like that.

(and if she is hot, I don't wanna go to jail either when you're not paying attention)

·
my car speaks german
2018 G1 X3 M40i White w/ Cognac
69 Posts
<snip>Yeah man, the 45 year-old recovering alcoholic working the counter at Autozone for $8 an hour is the be-all end-all of automotive knowledge when it comes to 12 year old German sports cars. :rolleyes: :rofl:
You know he's legit because of the ASE pin on his collar.
er, his signature shows his car is a 1993... 2009-1993=16 years, 17 years if you call them model years... :D

+! on the rest of this quote... :p

1 - 20 of 31 Posts