BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a suggest on replacement spark plugs for the 2.8L, (N52?), 2000 model year engine? I've used NGK-Iridium in a different vehicle and could feel the difference over Denso. Are the Bosch plugs worth it? What plug would you recommend for the 2.8L N52 engine?

·
CPR ..
564 Posts
Hello how are you. Welcome to the fest' !!. This is the new member introduction forum so not many people can see your question to answer it. That's why it hasnt been answered yet. You should post it in the e39 5 series section next time. Not trying to be a police, but I made the same mistake a few times and I just wanted to help. Anyways, I checked the 2000 bmw e39 528i owner's manual and it said the following under spark plugs

NGK BKR 6 EQUP
Bosch FGR 7 DQP
(not released at this time)

When I went to replace my spark plugs, I went with the NGK over the Bosch per my indy's recommendation. I can feel instant response and acceleration from the car more than ever. While changing the plugs you should also inspect for vacumm leaks , inspect/relace the ignition coils if applicable and perform a tune up. Trust me, it will save you a boat load of worries later.

In addition we dont have the N52 engine as you quoted. We have the M52-tu engine. The same basic M52 straight six engine with a technical update , hence the Tu in M52-tu. Cant forget that engine code when asking for anything.

P.s. Here's the link to the online/downloadable owner's manuals. You can verify the info for yourself it's around page 210 out of page 217 or something right before index.
http://www.bmwtips.com/OwnersManuals/manuals.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts