BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up the new M3 in Spatanburg. What an experience, they show you all or most of what these cars can do. What a blast being able to play on the track in all types of conditions for half a day. Tried the zcp on the track, didn't like the alcantra or the diamond pattern, there is a difference in the steering though, its more direct with stronger centering, cant complain about the standard package which I got, seems non alcantra far more durable and have only had the standard setup on the street so far. Comming from an italian car the bimmer is a revelation.

Drove up through Asheville Nc and then onto the blue ridge parkway, totaly awesome, at least untill the park ranger put a stop to the exuberance. Nevertheless spent almost two hours on a winding mountain road with no traffic great scenery and a smooth surface, these cars have so much go that on the mountain did not miss not being able to go past 5000 rpm.

Anyway did 1100mi in 3 days. One question the tires are something like 46psi rear and 41 front great for the track but, creating a real hard ride on the Northeastern roads, what pressures does one use for normal usa street driving?. Car has 18in rims.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One other question, what organizations are good for track events BMWCCA PDA?? Have some limited track time over the years, taking skip barber in a month. Car is stock.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
Read the manual, or check the sticker inside the driver's side door jamb. That will give you the suggested pressures. I recommend about 4 psi extra front nad 2 psi extra i nteh rear, but play with it. They car will never ride like a luxury car, that is what you get with a performance car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts