BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only hear good things about BSW I think you get an upgraded sound, shoot them a PM as they are on this site. This kit has only been out for around a year.
so they have been around for a while??? price looks good to me plus they have some other upgrades as well for e65

btw i am trying to figure out my problem with sound...left side is clear front/back but right side front speaker is not working,rear door is working but distorted/cracking,subwoofer are working....
i checked the amp and looks good....cd player/changer plays good,so i am thinking maybe blown front door speaker???
taking apart front door tommorow as i have to see whats going on in there....

· Registered
894 Posts
so they have been around for a while??? price looks good to me plus they have some other upgrades as well for e65

btw i am trying to figure out my problem with sound...left side is clear front/back but right side front speaker is not working,rear door is working but distorted/cracking,subwoofer are working....
i checked the amp and looks good....cd player/changer plays good,so i am thinking maybe blown front door speaker???
taking apart front door tommorow as i have to see whats going on in there....
It's ask unit, save your time your speaker is good

· Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's ask unit, save your time your speaker is good
you are right..took of door panel today on passenger side and speaker/wires all good...funny thing is voice command is working...cd player is working...all speakers except front passenger side.....:dunno: amp looks good too
its complicated system looks like
http://i46.tinypic.com/b3sgex.jpg[/IMG]"]Image and video hosting by TinyPic[/URL]

· Registered
3,076 Posts
When the Key Fob is in the ignition do you hear a constant door chime without interruptions? It should chime until you close the driver door. Also when you activate your PDC Sensors will it have a constant beep until either your deactivate them or pull far enough away that it doesn't pick up any near by objects?

· Registered
894 Posts
you are right..took of door panel today on passenger side and speaker/wires all good...funny thing is voice command is working...cd player is working...all speakers except front passenger side.....:dunno: amp looks good too
its complicated system looks like
[URL=http://tinypic.com?ref=b3sgex]...yPic"]http://i46.tinypic.com/b3sgex.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Too bad you removed the door panel before I posted it;)
Anyways you'll be surprised but not only front door but your rear deck same side is out... Simply get your ask fixed or get a new one

· Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Too bad you removed the door panel before I posted it;)
Anyways you'll be surprised but not only front door but your rear deck same side is out... Simply get your ask fixed or get a new one
not a big deal to remove it...3minutes at most...but you were right..so the logic7 amp only powers which speakers??? ask powers fronts and rears???
the thing is why couldn't they use one amp for the whole system thats what i don't understand....

thx for the info

i guess ill just get ask from ebay

· Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When the Key Fob is in the ignition do you hear a constant door chime without interruptions? It should chime until you close the driver door. Also when you activate your PDC Sensors will it have a constant beep until either your deactivate them or pull far enough away that it doesn't pick up any near by objects?
sometimes door chime is there sometimes its few seconds late and there are interuptions,but not always
also the voice command works
btw i dont have PDC option on my flagship.....one less thing too break:rofl:

· Registered
3,076 Posts
I would say its your A.S.K Unit for sure. Door chime should be there constantly.

· Registered
3,076 Posts
I would not buy used cause you can end up in the same situation or even worse. I know a very good member here who repairs ASK Units an L7's all the time. I will PM you his contact info.

· Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would not buy used cause you can end up in the same situation or even worse. I know a very good member here who repairs ASK Units an L7's all the time. I will PM you his contact info.
ok thanks....i wonder what breaks inside the ask unit? capacitors,pathways burnt out or??
if its fixable i can do it myself...hopefully guy has good prices

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.