BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Freude am Fahren
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the special toys that the Euro cars get like the emergency triangle, first aid kit, and fire extinguisher are still sold in Europe, or certain countries? I just realized that I have relatives over there and they might be able to ship that stuff to me :doh: if it's still available…

Bonus points if anyone can come up with the parts numbers!

·
Registered
13,516 Posts

All of the 3 websites above...and if you have the BMW ETK...can give you the BMW part nbrs for items that are offered in Europe.

You can either input the last 7 digits of your car's VIN...THEN...click on EURO (instead of USA)...and all the parts available for your car can be found.

You can also click on the tabs generically and choose EURO instead of USA and accomplish the same thing...but the part nbr index may not EXCLUDE items that aren't for your car...and you will need to pay attention to the supplemental columns that has the TO & FROM info and features/option info.

Once you find the BMW part nbr...you can have your local BMW dealer here in the states order the part for you. If they do try to look the part nbr up to verify your number...if you got the number from the EURO side of the part database...you must let them know. If not, they will tell you that the part is UNAVAILABLE.

·
Freude am Fahren
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hmmm***8230;..bmwtips said they won't order them in USA. I'm .ca. RealOEM says the parts in question have ended :dunno: I'd be sad if they were unavailable. I'd have to buy the BMW tire valve tips instead :cry:

Edit: Is there a download or something for the ETK or is this an ebay/dealer etc item?

Edit2: bmwfans.info is nice. Bit more userfriendly than realOEM :thumbup:

·
Registered
657 Posts
First aid kit : 52108228145 (black)
Triangle: 71601092427 / 82111466578

Couldn't find the fire extinguisher though, sorry, and yes, these should all be available in Europe, you can order these on this side of the Atlantic as well.

·
Freude am Fahren
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it. Thanks. I will try my local stealer and post about it! If they give me the royal runabout as they enjoy doing, I'll call my rich cousin to see if he can find it.

·
Registered
13,516 Posts

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,520 Posts
I have a fire extinguisher in my car.
Its not from BMW its the kitchen sized fire extinguisher.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have the first aid kit in mine and out of the 5 years i've owned the car I dont think i've ever even bothered to open it..

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,520 Posts
Oh well that kinda defeats the purpose :p. My thing is propeller badges…..:loco:
:dunno:

What? lol

I dont get what you said... A fire extinguisher is not the same as a BMW fire extinguisher?

What purpose does it defeat?

·
Freude am Fahren
6,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not the same if it's not got the BMW roundel!! Unobtanium baking soda is way better than normal baking soda!

It's a nifty thing, purely cosmetic. Iunno***8230;I don't care if my air filter has a BMW roundel, but I do care if my interior has non-BMW logos***8230;:loco:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.