BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

On bmw e60 530i 2004 I got "Speedometer display malfunction" error showing up every time I start ignition and my digital speedometer always shows some number like 10-20km/h even car not moving. I suspect that this affect my fuel consumption numbers.

What I hate tried to update DATEN files to v60 and reseting KOMBI in NCS Expert (It fixed my fuel gauge it wasn't working before). I also tried to update actual KOMBI module but WinKFP saying that "Error on determining the ZB number". Weird that INPA showing ZB number only in
Ident not UIF screenshots attached.

If I replace instrument cluster would it help? Or should I replace some other module?

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
Can you post your Winkfp configuration? Also was this cluster replaced before or programmed? I did have a E92 stop by once with same problem force flash fixed it.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Select
Force Program Programming in comfort mode
Select
Fast Baudrate
Make sure you have a charger connected at least 25amp
Also
Zb# 126634 that shows in UIF will not work.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Lol
Maybe thats why you were getting error
But trust me you dont want to run out of voltage you might brick the module, if you dont have a charger maybe connect jumper cables to a second car and let it run

·
Registered
763 Posts
I told tou this zb will not work, you need to flash kombi ecu, also as for used cluster replacement you will need a xprogramer or r270

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I fixed ZB number by following (https://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18933848&postcount=2) #6. Then I did force flush using settings you provided and car was on charge. After it was done car got restarted but I still got same "Speedometer display malfunction" and my digital speedo still showing just whatever it wants. I guess my instrument cluster broken? Or smth else reading that? I am not sure since my normal speedometer showing correct values I have checked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.