BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought a picture of my 97 540i's speedo pegged would make a cool desktop background, but I haven't taken it up that high in over a year (and don't plan to ever again, at least on public roads :angel: ). Anyone happen to have a pic of theirs, or something similar?

Wes

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
Why not run Test nr 02 on your OBC, it'll peg the speedo and tach without you dying ;)

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts

Keeping it under 3500 RPM before 1200 mile break in period.

Autobahn, Garmisch to Munchen, October 2002
After break in.

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
On the V8? They only told us under 3500 RPM and not to sustain the same RPM for too long.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Oh maybe it's only the I6. lol I think I hit 4k by about 110 so I wouldn't be able to do that anyway :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the pictures guys, and to bimmerdood for the excellent advice. As much as I liked the idea, my safety and bank account will have to come first.

BTW M Wong that's a gorgeous color on an E39, and those pics definitely make me want to save up for Euro delivery next time.

·
Premium Member
2,324 Posts
daedalus94558 said:
BTW M Wong that's a gorgeous color on an E39, and those pics definitely make me want to save up for Euro delivery next time.
Thanks! You should really consider it. ED is the only way to buy a new BMW... the savings just about paid for the trip! :)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
M.Wong said:
Thanks! You should really consider it. ED is the only way to buy a new BMW... the savings just about paid for the trip! :)
Ditto * 1000.

In my case, I made money because I bought my car in the fever-pitched waning days of the tech bubble. Buying a 540 in the SF Bay Area in 2000 meant paying $5K OVER US list. Instead, I paid ~$2K UNDER Euro list for a total savings of roughly $10K (the BMWCCA rebate was had either way and yes, I could have purchased the car from out of the area and not paid the extra over list, but I didn't know that at the time). The trip cost me $3K for beer, two tickets, hotels, beer, gas, food, and beer.

Drive during the day - drink at night.

Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts