Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I need a guru here. I have read my manual. I have googled this forum. I have googled the internet in general.

I am stuck.

2012 X5 with premium sound and NAV.

Somehow I switched the right side split screen to show NAV position. It had previously shown the radio, CD or USB song information. I have spent an hour in the car and another 2 on the internet trying to find the way to put it back and I simply can NOT.

My manual says to turn split screen on and then keep moving right until a menu of choices appears. I can get to no such menu. I can choose RDS, but when I do I simply get the current song info UNTIL I touch the I Drive and it goes right back to NAV view on the right side split screen.

I am positive there is sonneting VERY simple that my mind is missing. I am over thinking this?

I have done due diligence before coming to you folks, hat in hand asking for the answer.

This is driving me nuts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

PS - the software was updated months ago to the highest available level and had no issues after until I just had to play with it. NUTS.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Try this

When you are on the far right in the split screen - click option button on the idrive and you should have to select what you want. If that doesn't work - try moving all the way right in the split screen and click the OK/select button and you should have what options you want to show on that screen.

Sorry - I am doing this out of my head as I am not in my car to exactly tell you which is which

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Restored the software back to previous version and the options menu with choices for the split screen came back.

I hope this helps someone else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts