BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me why there are two versions of the center armrest? I checked with the salesmen at the dealership (Denver Colorado) and he told me that the US version is a single and that the split version must be Europe only. Also wondering just what the benefits of the split version would be and how it functions. Also note that the split version appears to be adjustable (fwd/aft).

Can the split version be ordered in the US? Thanks in advance on your collective thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
dmbxyz said:
Can anyone tell me why there are two versions of the center armrest? I checked with the salesmen at the dealership (Denver Colorado) and he told me that the US version is a single and that the split version must be Europe only. Also wondering just what the benefits of the split version would be and how it functions. Also note that the split version appears to be adjustable (fwd/aft).

Can the split version be ordered in the US? Thanks in advance on your collective thoughts.
In Europe the single armrest is standard - the split one is a cost option.

I have the single armrest in mine. The split one allows the shorter half to slid forward and back (over the handbrake) so you can adjust it according to your preferences.

I am happy enough with the single armrest!

Jayo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information Jayo! :)

·
TTSam
745 Posts
dmbxyz said:

I don't know about the E90 but my X3 (Canadian) came with the split.

The top part is operated by the driver side lever - it opens a shallow tray, good for change, cell phone etc.

The passenger side lever opens the full depth for things like CD's etc.

I am sure it is the same basic unit as would be available in other recent BMWs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts