BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had all the rear bushings and link kits replaced on a 2005 BMW X5 (E53) last week and, at the same time, they found that both brake lines were near leaking so they replaced them.
They re-align the truck and now the driving is back to '' FUN '' again.
The main problem is they are pulling their head trying to '' BLEED '' the braking system for the past two days because the truck now brake like SH..T.
THey activate the procedure according to BMW, (autobleed the ABS autopomp then they press 5 times on the brake pedal ( bleeder open ) and then close the bleeders ( on all 4 wheels )
It's better BUT the feeling of the brake pedal is now at all what it's been before
Pedal is spongy like hell and they are lost.
:mad:

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,538 Posts
THey activate the procedure according to BMW, (autobleed the ABS autopomp then they press 5 times on the brake pedal
Do you believe then while their lips are moving “according to BMW”? Find that procedure at www.NewTIS.info. It doesn[t sound correct to me. Enter NewTIS with your VIN-7 to select the correct platform, then browse / search.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,849 Posts
It is an absolute BEAR to fully bleed the ABS if air has gotten into the ABS Pump/main unit.... I had to give up on my M5, and took it to a buddy at a dealership. Even with their ability to actuate with the BMW software and bleed, it took them 3 tries. Best $140 I ever spent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts