BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does the sport button do? What does it adjust?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't notice any difference when I press it. that said, if I did notice a difference, it would probably bug me that you have to press it every time you re-start the car if you want it engaged.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I played around with it yesterday and I definitely felt a difference. The RPMS shoot up right away when you press the button. Acceleration increases too.

·
Registered
758 Posts
The steering is also effected. Some of the assist is restricted so that the wheel seems to tighten up some. This gives the driver more control. The shifting is the biggest advantage IMO. Drive in manual mode and run the rpm's up to around 5k to 6k ....shift gears and watch how quickly it changes. Watching that needle fall so quickly is priceless.....Phil

·
Registered
257 Posts
maybe its more noticeable with auto transmission cars
my button seems to be connected to nothing
:cry:

·
Registered
758 Posts
maybe its more noticeable with auto transmission cars
my button seems to be connected to nothing
:cry:
You should feel the steering tighten. Drive your favorite curve with the button off and then again with it on. You can definitely tell the difference.....Phil

·
Registered
257 Posts
thanks i'll try that. i guess i hadn't paid attention to the steering.
heading to see a friend on mulholland drive today - seems like a good place to test it out on some curves.

·
Registered
758 Posts
thanks i'll try that. i guess i hadn't paid attention to the steering.
heading to see a friend on mulholland drive today - seems like a good place to test it out on some curves.
Keep us posted....Phil

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
sport def. makes a diff, when going fast around corners, it makes the accell more sensitive too it feels like.

·
Registered
257 Posts
well guys, you were totally right. i could definitely feel the difference in steering and pedal feel when i drove the same stretch back to back...

yee-haw!

thanks!

(only problem is that i kinda got into the spirit of things and forgot about the "break-in" rules..... oops gotta be more careful....)

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
the 6 series is so busy now i cant even go through all the threads

zhuskers1 check out this educational video
lol, 7er longues lacking, no entertanment sunny, whats goin onnnnnnnn

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The answer is.....

No one on this board really knows what it does.

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
The answer is.....

No one on this board really knows what it does.
It makes the throttle response quicker/more sensitive, also it stiffens steering or suspension, so when your cornering etc, its alot more rigid (on rails)

·
Former Supporting member
825 Posts
suspension shouldn't be involved since its not electronic like the M6. In this case only "Dynamic Drive" might be effected.

·
Banned
2,928 Posts
Something to do with maybe steering be effected? Too lazy to dig up past posts.. but its something along those lines loll

·
Swords Up! Recordings LLC
128 Posts
the sport not only tightens steering but you accelerate a hell of a lot faster i don't know about the auto or manual but that's the case for my SMG i use it sometimes when i wanna show off...that and the DTC/DSC button

1 - 20 of 27 Posts