BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· ///Multiple
4,586 Posts
What's a "sport" hood? How much extra HP/torque will it get you? None? Waste of money!

Oh wait, you want an M3 hood so people will think that you have an M3? Sorry, you'll need a lot more than that. Revel in the uniqueness that is a 335is and enjoy the car for what it is, not what it isn't.

· Registered
5,413 Posts
What is the issue of someone buying what they want for their own car? Some vents would really help keep the underhood temps down.
I agree that the hood should have some venting as it does get really hot in the engine compartment. I'm glad we don't have the hump on our hoods like the M3 though. That's my least favorite part of the design.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hello Tom,

For your information, my 2012 335is convertible came up to the same price as an M3, and I did have the dilemma between the two. However, for couple of reasons and personal preferences, I decided to go with the 335is convertible. Also, I hate copying anything or anyone in my life and I always like to customize things "my way" to be unique. The sport hood might or might not add more HP, and that's not what I'm looking for. The thing is that when I look at the front of the 335is, the hood section which is the part that mostly catches the eyes looks very plain and simple for a sports car. So my intention is to add some accent to it and make it look a little more wild and aggressive. I will NOT put an M3 hood on it even if it fits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.