BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
I ran mine through the passenger side, where a bundle of wires already goes through.

·
Registered ABUSER!
362 Posts
JohnS54Coupe said:
I've read a few different writeups, but never found one that detailed this part of the process. Any hints or pointers would be appreciated.

John
Pulled the air pump on the right side at the firewall. Located the existing wire bundle going through a gromet and ran the wire through. 1 hour job taking my time. I'll try to take some pics later today when I wash the car.

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sport Mode installed

Thanks to everyone for all their help with the wiring. Once you showed me how to do it, it only took a couple of minutes to fish the wire through. All in all, the mod took me about 3 hours. But that included not having all the tools I needed next to me, several trips up and down the stairs between my garage parking space and my 3rd floor condo, working in dimly lit conditions, a trip to the grocery store (I needed milk) and a trip to Ace Hardware to get a reamer to mount the switch.

After a couple laps around the block, I really like it. Shifts are smoother and it's easier to rev match (especially helpful on my 3-2 shifts). I feel like I just have to touch the pedal to bring up the revs rather than jam my foot into it to accomplish the same thing.

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.