BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there was a way to keep the car in sport mode all the time without it resetting back to non sport mode every time the engine is shut off and i found this...

It's better to put the gearbox in sport, because if you leave it in normal it defaults to too high a gear all the time - OK for cruising, but not much else. Sport means the 'box is always in the correct gear for the exit of a corner and the car feels much tauter. You can even set sport to be the default every time you turn the car on, but you'll need to do that in the iDrive system. It might be a pain to navigate your way to doing this, but it'll be worth it. Promise.

Does anyone know how to activate this through the iDrive system?

Thanks,
Tommy

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've always wondered this myself. I am in SPORT mode most of the time and I hate having to restart the engine and pressing the button to get back to that mode.

Now ... I don't have iDrive in my car because I don't have the navigation system. SO, even if you find a way to default to a SPORT mode using iDrive, I still would like a way to do this in cars without iDrive.

/LesC

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've got iDrive and there's no option to do this. If I recall correctly, there was a thread about this awhile back. Gotta press the button!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, ive searched and searched through iDrive and can't find it either, must be a good reason for not having it as a option i suppose!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts